U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2018, 04:09 PM

926 posts, read 438,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_wanderer View Post
I met many religious people in Canada (Jews, Catholics, Muslims). Don't let your progressive views cloud your judgement.
Yes.Canada is overall more tolerant but it still has the usual bigoted suspects the U.S. has.I dont mean that to suggest if you eat Chick Fil- A you are somehow complicit.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2018, 04:15 PM

There are some self righteous comments that sound as bad as those of the former CEO..You can be both progressive yet still be prejudiced.Religion itself is not the enemy.The enemy is those who use it for their own glory instead of that in which they claim to serve as their God

Old 07-28-2018, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevySpoons View Post
It appears that nobody here knows Canadian business and corporate law.

Chick-Fil-A in Canada may be owned by its US parent, but it will not be directed by the US parent. Direction must be done by a majority of Canadians on the Canadian corporate board. The same applies to McDonald's Canada Inc., Burger King Canada Inc., and Walmart Canada Inc. Just examples, but they are all examples of American corporations operating in Canada, under Canadian business law.

It seems to me that the success of Chick-Fil-A in Canada must rely on its food. Because in Canada, to the average consumer, religion matters far less than a chicken dinner. Putting Bible verses on takeout carriers will never matter. Religion means next to nothing in Canada.
Rather condescending and totally irrelevant to the post.However Chick Fil -A corporate is getting something out of it otherwise they would not operate in Canada

It seems you've never been to a Chick Fil A since "bible verses" on its takeout carriers has never been a real thing.

Old 07-28-2018, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
Rather sad so many Americans, praise this restaurant. Personally I have no idea, what anyone sees in Chick fil A. I've only tried it s few times. It is nothing special by no means. Its a chicken sandwich. The chain is way overpriced, and at least in the South. Religion is part of the vibe of Chick fill A. At least here in Florida, and other southern states. The clientele says it all.

Frankly I'm surprised opening up in Canada is coming. Perhaps initially Chick fill a will be a novelty. Long term I can't see love for the chain in Canada. Maybe Chick fill A Canada, will follow Target Canada, and not be successful up there. That does happen with businesses crossing the border on both sides. I noticed the Canadian Donut company Horton didn't make it in the US.
So why is it so successful in very liberal states like California and New York?
Chick Fil A store average $2 million a store.
Far more than any McDonalds. Chick Fil A food is good but nothing spectacular.It is however perfected quality control and consistency on a level no other restaurant chain in the U.S. or Canada has been able to acheive. This alone is more than enough to help it succeed,even if the food taste is just "mediocre" as some here have suggested.

Last edited by Be Proud; 07-28-2018 at 05:49 PM..

Old 07-28-2018, 05:06 PM

3,814 posts, read 1,211,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
Rather sad so many Americans, praise this restaurant. Personally I have no idea, what anyone sees in Chick fil A. I've only tried it s few times. It is nothing special by no means. Its a chicken sandwich. The chain is way overpriced, and at least in the South. Religion is part of the vibe of Chick fill A. At least here in Florida, and other southern states. The clientele says it all.

Frankly I'm surprised opening up in Canada is coming. Perhaps initially Chick fill a will be a novelty. Long term I can't see love for the chain in Canada. Maybe Chick fill A Canada, will follow Target Canada, and not be successful up there. That does happen with businesses crossing the border on both sides. I noticed the Canadian Donut company Horton didn't make it in the US.
Seems like another progressive wishing I'll on some one

Old 07-28-2018, 06:09 PM

4,145 posts, read 3,776,737 times
Never understood the appeal, it is fast food chicken, nothing special.

Old 07-30-2018, 09:18 AM

9,023 posts, read 12,254,599 times
It's above average fast food chicken in impeccably clean stores manned by considerably above average fast food employees. Yes it's over-priced, and yes the CEO/Founder is a bit of a nut-bar, but they're successful because they have a good product. Not my fave, but I don't drive the tastes of the average American consumer. I have no doubt they will do well in Canada, just as long as they don't over expand.

Old 07-30-2018, 10:17 AM

24,395 posts, read 30,737,291 times
Target was the most spectacular exception to the rule, but basically any implantation of a U.S. chain on Canadian soil ends up being successful to a point. So I like these guys' odds.

Though I do wonder if the very vocal anti-Chick-Fil-A crowd can actually make a dent in their rollout plans.

Old 07-30-2018, 11:36 AM

6,754 posts, read 4,404,628 times
I am kind of surprised this even matters.
I have tried this place once in the USA when my cousins teenage kids got to pick what place to eat at.
It was nothing amazing or special.
More fried junked food.
Nothing that would make then stand out from most other places in my opinion.
By comparison places like Jolie Bee will standout and likely continue to do well because they have different menu items and the mascot is crazy cute.

I went the opening weekend with my daughter ... could not get food as there was a 3-4 hours wait.
But took some photos with that bee.... so cute.

That other place ... I would eat there if I happened to stumble across it and it was the most interesting option at the time .. but I would not be rushing over the experience it.

Nothing cool to take a selfie with ... nothing amazing that makes them stand out.

Saying the word Target makes me cringe.
It was a disgusting pathetic store and waste of retail space.
Epic disappointment. Going in to any of the target stores in Canada make to remember what it was like to shop in a developing country ex not a lot of choice and bad prices.

We need more interesting places to eat and not another "nothing special on the menu" chain.

Old 07-30-2018, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
I am kind of surprised this even matters.
I have tried this place once in the USA when my cousins teenage kids got to pick what place to eat at.
It was nothing amazing or special.
More fried junked food.
Nothing that would make then stand out from most other places in my opinion.
By comparison places like Jolie Bee will standout and likely continue to do well because they have different menu items and the mascot is crazy cute.

I went the opening weekend with my daughter ... could not get food as there was a 3-4 hours wait.
But took some photos with that bee.... so cute.

That other place ... I would eat there if I happened to stumble across it and it was the most interesting option at the time .. but I would not be rushing over the experience it.

Nothing cool to take a selfie with ... nothing amazing that makes them stand out.

Saying the word Target makes me cringe.
It was a disgusting pathetic store and waste of retail space.
Epic disappointment. Going in to any of the target stores in Canada make to remember what it was like to shop in a developing country ex not a lot of choice and bad prices.

We need more interesting places to eat and not another "nothing special on the menu" chain.
You gotta be kidding me right?
So this isnt more "fried junk'd food"?

These restaurants arent even competitors.I can't imagine Jollie Bee can do better than McDonalds. They have a store average thats higher than any other competitor by more than $2
million
https://www.businessinsider.com/rest...chick-fil-a-12

I have been to Chick-Fil A 6 times in 3 months and I have NEVER gotten the fried chicken sandwich. I always get the same Charbroiled Club.Only the waffle fries are what I get thats fried.

Id much rather eat from this menu
https://thechickenwire.chick-fil-a.c...at-Chick-fil-A
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto