U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-30-2018, 12:51 PM
 
Location: Toronto
6,754 posts, read 4,378,904 times
Reputation: 4619

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Be Proud View Post
You gotta be kidding me right?
So this isnt more "fried junk'd food"?


These restaurants arent even competitors.I can't imagine Jollie Bee can do better than McDonalds. They have a store average thats higher than any other competitor by more than $2
million
https://www.businessinsider.com/rest...chick-fil-a-12

I have been to Chick-Fil A 6 times in 3 months and I have NEVER gotten the fried chicken sandwich. I always get the same Charbroiled Club.Only the waffle fries are what I get thats fried.


Id much rather eat from this menu
https://thechickenwire.chick-fil-a.c...at-Chick-fil-A
I seriously just like the Bee. It is really cute. The menu is not really appealing to me ... but it is a different experience... plus there is that cute bee !


Sorry the menu at the other place just did not seem interesting.
If was okay... but we have places serviing similar stuff already.
At least in Toronto we have lots of food options available.
Really great exciting options.




So a grilled or fiend piece of chicken is just not all that exciting.


I tired to post some photos of what this place is up against in a city like Toronto... but it would not post.


The bottom line is Toronto already has way too many good food options.
This place is just not interesting enough to actually matter.
It is okay, but with the amount of competition out there okay is just not good enough in a city with this many options.

Last edited by klmrocks; 07-30-2018 at 12:59 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-30-2018, 01:23 PM
 
8,687 posts, read 5,606,427 times
Reputation: 17115
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
I seriously just like the Bee. It is really cute. The menu is not really appealing to me ... but it is a different experience... plus there is that cute bee !


Sorry the menu at the other place just did not seem interesting.
If was okay... but we have places serviing similar stuff already.
At least in Toronto we have lots of food options available.
Really great exciting options.




So a grilled or fiend piece of chicken is just not all that exciting.


I tired to post some photos of what this place is up against in a city like Toronto... but it would not post.


The bottom line is Toronto already has way too many good food options.
This place is just not interesting enough to actually matter.
It is okay, but with the amount of competition out there okay is just not good enough in a city with this many options.
If the Jolie Bee food pictured is the kind of “good food” found in Toronto, Chick Fil A will have no problem succeeding. That crap looks like it came from a .99 cent frozen TV dinner.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-30-2018, 01:29 PM
 
Location: Hougary, Texberta
9,023 posts, read 12,211,783 times
Reputation: 10966
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
If the Jolie Bee food pictured is the kind of “good food” found in Toronto, Chick Fil A will have no problem succeeding. That crap looks like it came from a .99 cent frozen TV dinner.
Jolibee is definitely an acquired taste, but it is the King of the Mountain in the Philippines, and the diaspora support it maniacally. It's no different than any other regional based place. Pop a Timmies anywhere in the world, and the Canadians will flock to it like bees to a flower.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-30-2018, 01:46 PM
 
8,687 posts, read 5,606,427 times
Reputation: 17115
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
Jolibee is definitely an acquired taste, but it is the King of the Mountain in the Philippines, and the diaspora support it maniacally. It's no different than any other regional based place. Pop a Timmies anywhere in the world, and the Canadians will flock to it like bees to a flower.
That explains it. I was not getting the appeal based on the items pictured. I do get that people who moved from elsewhere like a taste of home.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-30-2018, 03:44 PM
 
Location: Toronto
6,754 posts, read 4,378,904 times
Reputation: 4619
Default ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
If the Jolie Bee food pictured is the kind of “good food” found in Toronto, Chick Fil A will have no problem succeeding. That crap looks like it came from a .99 cent frozen TV dinner.
It is not. The bee is just cute.
I have not eaten there, but in my opinion this is the type of BUZZ ( no pun intended) a new place really needs to succeed in Toronto.


Toronto has a really amazing food culture.
Also do to the multicultural nature of the city you got ethnic fusion places and food trucks that just offer more excitement for you money.


The restaurant looks dull. The food looks okay... but I am not even a "great" cook and I could make the stuff on the menu at home.


I am not saying it is bad ... it is just not Buzz worthy.


The Jollie Bee opening was a epic hit.
The city has a large Filipino population and they want their own ethnic junk food too .
The food on the menu is something new at similar to a deep fried donut ... it is not meant for you to be eating on a regular basis.


However ... they got a cute bee ... just saying ... try me .


I would try is just for the sake of saying I tried it.


It is exciting ... it is new.... and there is a cute bee ... what else could a woman want in an experience lol.


I might only end up taking a selfie with the bee, but this is a fun experience that pulls someone who is not familiar with the chain to at least try it out for the shock factor.


Anyone from Toronto understands what I am saying .. if you are not from Toronto ... I don't want to post photos and make your tummy envious !
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-30-2018, 03:48 PM
 
Location: Toronto
6,754 posts, read 4,378,904 times
Reputation: 4619
Default ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
That explains it. I was not getting the appeal based on the items pictured. I do get that people who moved from elsewhere like a taste of home.
Yup that is the pull.
Do you know how many travel shows feature a trail of Jollie Bee's.
It is like McDonalds in there.


Now all this talk is making me annoyed that I still have not got a chance to try it out!!!!


I feel shut out. Must try again soon.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-30-2018, 08:00 PM
 
926 posts, read 432,860 times
Reputation: 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
It is not. The bee is just cute.
I have not eaten there, but in my opinion this is the type of BUZZ ( no pun intended) a new place really needs to succeed in Toronto.


Toronto has a really amazing food culture.
Also do to the multicultural nature of the city you got ethnic fusion places and food trucks that just offer more excitement for you money.


The restaurant looks dull. The food looks okay... but I am not even a "great" cook and I could make the stuff on the menu at home.


I am not saying it is bad ... it is just not Buzz worthy.


The Jollie Bee opening was a epic hit.
The city has a large Filipino population and they want their own ethnic junk food too .
The food on the menu is something new at similar to a deep fried donut ... it is not meant for you to be eating on a regular basis.


However ... they got a cute bee ... just saying ... try me .


I would try is just for the sake of saying I tried it.


It is exciting ... it is new.... and there is a cute bee ... what else could a woman want in an experience lol.


I might only end up taking a selfie with the bee, but this is a fun experience that pulls someone who is not familiar with the chain to at least try it out for the shock factor.


Anyone from Toronto understands what I am saying .. if you are not from Toronto ... I don't want to post photos and make your tummy envious !
LOL.Come on now.

I've been to Toronto WAY to many times.Toronto has great food.One of the best but so does MANY cities from California to NYC where there have been lines at CFA around the corner every time they open for over a year.

As far as fast food chains,there is absolutely NOTHING different or special about it that sets it apart from other cities.
We are talking about a chain of fast food.Nothing is revolutionary about that concept.

Panera Bread you can ,make at home also yet people flock to it.It and CFA are the top grossing same store sales leaders in the U.S. and CFA is far ahead of it
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-30-2018, 09:51 PM
 
Location: Austin, TX
12,065 posts, read 10,994,539 times
Reputation: 7170
When Popeye's expanded to Western Canada the restaurants were packed to the gills and overcrowded. Since then there are many more stores opening in Edmonton, Calgary, and other cities.

https://globalnews.ca/news/3144526/b...es-in-calgary/

So if this is any indication, Canadians like fried chicken so I don't see any reason why Chick-Fil-A will do poorly. In fact I think it'll do well.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-30-2018, 10:19 PM
 
10,090 posts, read 6,193,189 times
Reputation: 26523
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
The restaurant looks dull. The food looks okay... but I am not even a "great" cook and I could make the stuff on the menu at home.
I've never had any home made chicken that was like Chik-Fil-A's. If you can recreate their chicken (not "just as good but different" or "even better but different" but actually the same) at home, my hat is off to you.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-30-2018, 10:34 PM
 
Location: Howard County, Maryland
9,001 posts, read 5,084,077 times
Reputation: 22106
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
I seriously just like the Bee. It is really cute. The menu is not really appealing to me ... but it is a different experience... plus there is that cute bee !


Sorry the menu at the other place just did not seem interesting.
If was okay... but we have places serviing similar stuff already.
At least in Toronto we have lots of food options available.
Really great exciting options.
So you're saying that Toronto has all these amazing food options, yet you're raving over a place whose food looks like it comes out of an elementary school cafeteria?

I will agree with you, the bee does look cute. But Chick-fil-A has spelling-challenged cows. So if we're judging a restaurant chain by its mascot, I think they'll do just fine.

(Oh, by the way, since my food tastes tend towards the level of what you'd find at an elementary school cafeteria, I'd probably like Jollibee just fine. I'll have to try them out, if I ever find myself near one.)
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top