Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2018, 10:53 AM

6,750 posts, read 5,725,072 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blistex649 View Post
Yea, I don't know why people are going crazy over this. This was a political move to show that "Hey, we're reversing what the Liberals did" and their Nanny State approach which is what the electorate wanted. To snuff it back to the Liberals and all their 'interference' (hey, the results show this). This is politics at the rudest, and crudest level. Symbolism.

You can argue that "Gee, these people are dumb for falling for that" but funnily, alot of the smarter downtown people that voted Progressive/NDP were the ones driving into 2+ feet of water with no concept of how an engine can flood very easily. Basically, we're not as all smart as we think we are.

My own prediction is that any up and coming company wanting to make a name for itself will take on this challenge. They'd rather sell 1 million bottles at 5 cent proft (believe me, alot more people than you realize will revert to this.. older, lower income males which there is alot of that need their daily beers) vs sell 15,000 bottles at 0.50 cents a profit.
I guess this just sounds so irrelevant and basic.

I care about more serious things ....

1. Health care reforms.
2. Education reforms
3. City development
4. Housing
5. Economic growth
6. Employment opportunities .....

But buddy is helping out the people by dropping the price of beer? Who the hell cares?
If someone had a bit is on brain they would realized ... that was not a big deal.

If you had more affordable housing, easier access to better job training and better employment opportunities you would not be excited about saving $0.25 on your next beer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2018, 10:57 AM

Default ......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karassmatic View Post
There a lot more Ontarioians that will appreciate this than you think. If I’m fact there is actually dollar beers. Ford is getting his brownie points for this. In a climate where Canadian government is completely free Falling in terms of image : reputation. This will go a long way to build the public’s trust on fords side. At least he is doing something for the people.
Seriously how desperate does someone have to be to feel this is such a life changing thing.
If someone is drinking that much they are likely someone I would not have anything to do with.

I guess I am not part of the "discount beer club".

If someone is so happy their beer now cost as much as a Tim Horton's coffee you are seriously really low class. Sorry I just can't and don't event want to relate to that .

Old 08-09-2018, 10:59 AM

Default .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Are there currently any brewers charging the legal lowest price of a $1.25 a beer, and if so who are they and what size?

My guess is you aren't going to see brewers lowering prices UNLESS it's the big corporations and the little guys get screwed, as the article clearly indicates.
If there product was good ... why would they lower their price?

Sorry I think only drunk dead beat looser are really excited about cheaper beer.

Everyone I notice drinking is looking for craft beers or something new and different even if it costing more.

Old 08-09-2018, 11:10 AM

26,882 posts, read 38,026,310 times
We now have this:

https://ottawacitizen.com/news/local...beer-challenge

Old 08-09-2018, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
I guess this just sounds so irrelevant and basic.

I care about more serious things ....

1. Health care reforms.
2. Education reforms
3. City development
4. Housing
5. Economic growth
6. Employment opportunities .....

But buddy is helping out the people by dropping the price of beer? Who the hell cares?
If someone had a bit is on brain they would realized ... that was not a big deal.

If you had more affordable housing, easier access to better job training and better employment opportunities you would not be excited about saving $0.25 on your next beer
This thread only exists because of your outrage FYI.

Old 08-09-2018, 11:11 AM

800 posts, read 730,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
Seriously how desperate does someone have to be to feel this is such a life changing thing.
If someone is drinking that much they are likely someone I would not have anything to do with.

I guess I am not part of the "discount beer club".

If someone is so happy their beer now cost as much as a Tim Horton's coffee you are seriously really low class. Sorry I just can't and don't event want to relate to that .
You are too pretentious.

FYI. Doug Ford won the election. Your elect didn’t.

Who is the real idiot If you can’t beat an “idiot”

If executed this will work because it will be in your face. Everything you talk about involves raising taxes with poor execution on top of that. I could see why the liberals lost.

Sometimes you do stuff for the public just cause. It’s good politics. Even if you think it’s nothing. When many don’t. You fail at seeing the big picture

Old 08-09-2018, 11:24 AM

18,504 posts, read 15,552,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karassmatic View Post
You are too pretentious.

FYI. Doug Ford won the election. Your elect didn’t.

Who is the real idiot If you can’t beat an “idiot”

If executed this will work because it will be in your face. Everything you talk about involves raising taxes with poor execution on top of that. I could see why the liberals lost.

Sometimes you do stuff for the public just cause. It’s good politics. Even if you think it’s nothing. When many don’t. You fail at seeing the big picture
Or has better taste in beer.

Old 08-09-2018, 11:29 AM

Quote:
klm is actually quite proud to say she doesn't drink alcohol.

Old 08-09-2018, 11:31 AM

800 posts, read 730,253 times
Quote:
Just cause I buy Stella doesn’t mean others don’t like the dollar stuff. The guys that drink it probably live rough lives. But they are needed in the economy. Need to keep them happy even if it’s throwing them a few crumbs. What’s that saying? One mans junk is another mans treasure?

Old 08-09-2018, 11:32 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,487,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
Haaar! That's brilliant. Covers all bases and gives them an out when no one buys it. Wonder if they'll send a complimentary case to Dougie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto