U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2018, 07:34 PM

69 posts, read 95,086 times

Advertisements

Greedy Toronto investors have bought my apartment building in Hamilton. Ever since the building has been falling apart. Ex: my fan falls from the ceiling and is hanging by the wires. Call the "offsite caretaker" and says he'll get the (useless) contractors to fix it. I call 3 times and he says hes working on it. 2 weeks pass and I gave up before I just fix the fvcking fire hazard myself........The vacant unit next to me had a tenant that lived with roaches and I never seen any until a few months after he moved out. I saw the roaches first hand myself in there. "Offsite guy" hasn't even cleaned the moldy food out of the refrigerator next door after it went vacant. Yup old food is still in there RIGHT NOW AS I TYPE THIS. Been there for the past 6 months. Umm gee let me guess where the bugs came from. They have scavenged everything next door and now they are coming into my place. He will spray my place but refuses to spray the SOURCE which is the 6 month vacant apt next to me.) I'm so sick of this place but not in a position to move atm.

I know when I do move, they are ripping this place and the vacant next door apart and "renovating". Point is I am still here and am a rent paying tenant and am being infested from a unit next door that they wont be renting out again. City and LTB says they have no authority to order spray in that unit and I can't request it since I do not live their.Nobody will request spray b/c its empty. Only LL can. LL doesn't want to spray a vacant unit. It costs $$.

Do I have protection under LTB to make it known at the end of the month when I pay rent to tell this "offsite caretaker" that I think this place is a complete ****hole and they are running it into the ground ever since they bought it. I guess the key words would my mouthy/lippy/snide. Basically shooting off your mouth. ZERO threats will be made. There is a difference between shooting off your mouth in dissatisfaction and making threats.

Do I have freedom of speech protection/freedom of thought/LTB protection from eviction for saying I think the building is a sh!thole ever since they bought it or is that grounds for any kind of eviction. (Like a If your not happy here then move kind of thing) The old owners were doing leases but these new guys are only month to month.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto