Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2020, 11:04 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,650,086 times

Advertisements

I can't find disposable gloves or face masks, or Clorox Bleach Disinfectant for sale anywhere where I live in Brantford or nearby.

I have found a few "online only" for sale, e.g. at Best Buy, but that means Canada Post delivers them, and where I live Canada Post will not deliver parcels to your door, only to the closest Canada Post Office, which for us happens to be in a pharmacy. I cannot set foot in a pharmacy, I have a compromised immune system due to illness.

Where have you had success buying these items during the virus epidemic?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2020, 11:55 PM

3,624 posts, read 3,411,405 times
I haven't been buying them recently, as I'm pretty much homebound these days, for obvious reasons. My world has been reduced to my back yard, and trips to the local supermarket when necessary. I take my own handheld bin, and only touch what I'm putting in the bin and planning to buy.

I cannot speak about face masks, but the gloves and the Clorox disinfectant might be available at your local supermarket. The gloves and the Clorox would be in the Cleaning Supplies aisle. I've got single-use latex gloves from there before (they're great for chopping Habanero peppers, especially when you do not want to have to adjust your glasses with Habanero oil on your hands). Anyway, you might give the supermarket a try for the gloves and the Clorox.

And yes, I learned about Habanero pepper oil, my glasses, and my eyes the hard way.

Old 04-28-2020, 11:15 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,650,086 times
ChevySpoons, thanks for your reply.
I don't go anywhere, because of my chronic illness. But I would have liked to at least have that option.

It's a real mystery because on TV, people outside are all wearing masks and I really really wonder where they are all getting them!

The CDC website has some simple no-sew masks that supposedly one can make out of an old T-shirt, I guess that is my only route. I'm not very handy, nor do I really have a lot of clothes that I can just tear up, but maybe I can use old sheets and blankets used by my cat to sleep on. This is crazy!

I do all my shopping with home delivery by Sobey's and Shoppers Drug Mart and scored my first box of disposable vinyl gloves this week, I have trying for those since March. Unable to get bleach, rubbing alcohol, hydrogen peroxide since March. At least one can still buy soap and dish detergent! I can't even find kitchen rubber gloves, they're never available.

Stay safe everyone!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto