Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2017, 04:44 AM

4 posts, read 7,401 times

Advertisements

When I was a kid growing up in Toronto in the mid-sixties my parents would listen to a radio show in the late evening that featured light classics, on CFRB. I think the show host was George something. Anyhow, the show opened with a beautiful theme song, a classical piano piece. I would love to know the title of the composition if anyone knows. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2017, 07:26 AM

14,394 posts, read 11,235,091 times
This may help you narrow it down. Probably George Wilson and Starlight Serenade.

Rock Radio Scrapbook: CFRB lineups

Google further and you might find the song. Good luck!

Old 02-20-2017, 07:51 AM

Default CFRB Radio Show in the Sixties

Yes, that was it for sure. I'll check it out

Old 02-23-2017, 07:12 PM

Default CFRB Radio Show in the Sixties

CFRB hasn't responded to my request on their Facebook page so I still don't know the title of the composition

Old 01-01-2021, 01:25 PM

1 posts, read 1,322 times
Hello, and Happy New Year,

I came across this last night (New Years' Eve) while reminiscing. I went through the same search years ago. My parents had CFRB on every night, and I can still hear that piece - it's beautiful.

The name is ”The Last Rhapsody”. Spotify has it done by 'Semprini and his Orchestra'.

I hope this helps, best regards from Toronto, Canada, cheers,

Tony

Old 01-02-2021, 04:46 AM

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I posted this request nearly four years ago, with no response, so I had given up. What an amazing surprise your post was yesterday. I checked, and the song is also available for download on iTunes, so I'll snag it today. Thanks again

Jon
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto