U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2021, 01:04 PM

4 posts, read 3,022 times

Advertisements

In a couple of years or less i might end up moving to toronto, its been one of the cities i look the most forward to seeing in the future because of how multicultural it is, but one thing thats been confusing me is the dating scene there. I hear so many things about it with not a clear answer i hear the women are unapproachable and black men dont do well there, being a black dude myself it kinda turns me away from wanting to go there. i'd like to know how a african american would do in toronto dating wise.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2021, 01:37 AM

10,774 posts, read 8,938,174 times
I don't think strangers can tell you how you personally will do in the dating scene there. Since you've never been to Toronto yet, perhaps after the pandemic restrictions regarding non-essential traveling by foreign visitors is over you should visit Toronto for a vacation and check out the whole social situation for your own self. Also, keep in mind that Toronto isn't the only multicultural city in Canada to choose from, it's just the biggest. If the idea to move to Canada still appeals to you after visiting there then you'll have a better idea if you still want to try to immigrate to Canada ...... or not.

I think instead of asking first if you might do well in the dating scene in Toronto the number one priority you should be investigating first is whether or not you possess the required qualifications to immigrate to Canada. There's no point in worrying about the dating scene anywhere in Canada (or any other foreign country for that matter) if it turned out you might not possess the qualifications that would make you eligible for admission to live there.

Old 03-18-2021, 04:20 AM

5 posts, read 612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gxlden View Post
In a couple of years or less i might end up moving to toronto, its been one of the cities i look the most forward to seeing in the future because of how multicultural it is, but one thing thats been confusing me is the dating scene there. I hear so many things about it with not a clear answer i hear the women are unapproachable and black men dont do well there, being a black dude myself it kinda turns me away from wanting to go there. i'd like to know how a african american would do in toronto dating wise.
How was the dating scene for you back in your own country? Which country are you coming from?

Old Today, 10:57 AM

1,684 posts, read 931,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gxlden View Post
The women are unapproachable across all of Canada. Canadians men and women alike are quite aloof. I have lived in a few different western countries and black men do consistently better than other men when it comes to dating, of course it's going to depend on other factors as well such as your self confidence and your looks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto