Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2021, 10:49 PM

389 posts, read 399,729 times

Advertisements

I wanted to ask about public transportation from Mississauga to downtown. In the past I have traveled with relatives in a car, so I know my way around the highways by now. But I wanted to ask about using the bus or train. I am trying to go to Spadina Ave and Queen Street West.

I did some research but I cannot find what I am looking for. So like I said I am coming from Mississauga and want a direct bus or train line that will bring me downtown and back. Once I have the proper instructions I will learn information fast and become used to it. But now I am still learning my way around.

I know there are trams that run directly on Queen Street West. Would it be smart to go to the furthest west point of the tram line (where it starts) and get on from there to my destination? Where does the train take you relative to my destination?

Any advice helps, thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2021, 07:34 PM

2,801 posts, read 3,858,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by globetrekker96 View Post
I wanted to ask about public transportation from Mississauga to downtown. In the past I have traveled with relatives in a car, so I know my way around the highways by now. But I wanted to ask about using the bus or train. I am trying to go to Spadina Ave and Queen Street West.

I did some research but I cannot find what I am looking for. So like I said I am coming from Mississauga and want a direct bus or train line that will bring me downtown and back. Once I have the proper instructions I will learn information fast and become used to it. But now I am still learning my way around.

I know there are trams that run directly on Queen Street West. Would it be smart to go to the furthest west point of the tram line (where it starts) and get on from there to my destination? Where does the train take you relative to my destination?

Any advice helps, thanks.
There are two main ways to get downtown from Mississauga:

1. Bus to subway

2. GO Train to Union Station

For number 1, depending on where you are in Mississauga, there are plenty of buses that will take you to Islington Station. From there, you go east to Spadina and then take the Spadina streetcar south to Queen. This is the cheapest way and may be the most direct, depending on where in Sauga you are coming from.

For number 2, again it depends on where in Mississauga you are. Basically, you’ve gotta find the nearest GO station to you and see what their schedule is. Then, depending on the station, hop on a bus or train to Union Station. From there, take the subway north to Osgoode (Queen) Station and grab the streetcar west to Spadina. This is the more expensive option and may be less direct depending on where in Sauga.

It’s kind of ridiculous that we don’t have high-speed access to downtown from Mississauga. They should have invested in a subway or elevated extension to Square One ages ago. Instead, we gotta spend two hours (depending) busting our butts to get to the city which is often less than 30-minutes by car to downtown on the highway.

But that’s a rant. Reality is, you got those two options and you’ll have to find out which one works best for you based on where in Mississauga you are.

Old 02-01-2021, 09:13 PM

389 posts, read 399,729 times
I will look into this, thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto