U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2021, 07:36 PM

13 posts, read 5,362 times

Advertisements

Hey ya'll,

I'm a single mother with a toddler, living in Calgary. And I am looking for change - somewhere where I won't be asked where I'm from all the time or be told to go back to my country, and just in general somewhere where people's mentality does not seem to still be in the past. Somewhere with more liberal attitudes. Maybe with less religious people too, I am not sure. I do like having different faiths around, I just don't appreciate when people try to convert me or verbally attack for being a non-believer. Like somewhere where all of us diverse people with diverse beliefs and different social identities can peacefully live together. I know Orange County is more conservative, but I think it is changing and the quality of life is high for families. And the weather is something that is drawing me to SoCal. And Toronto is amazing with its multiculturalism. But I'm choosing between Toronto, Irvine, or LA. I have been to all three cities and loved all three of them for different reasons. My salary would be around 100K Canadian in Toronto, or around a 100K US in Irvine or LA. I would have to live downtown Toronto close to campus. And in Irvine and LA, I would qualify to live in faculty housing around UCI or UCLA. Do any single parents out there have any experience or recommendations on where to move? Thaaaaaaanks
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2021, 09:45 AM

11,089 posts, read 9,272,805 times
After checking out the demographics, I'd suggest Irvine for happiness: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irvine...nd_recognition

Old 04-15-2021, 08:50 PM

1,760 posts, read 967,763 times
How much is a 2 bedroom in downtown TO these days ? North of $2300 ? No need for a car though. Rent might be less expensive in CA especially in faculty housing, I think ? But then you need a reliable car + insurance.

I know I would pick CA based on the social life alone, and don’t even get me started on the weather...

Old 04-17-2021, 04:05 PM

13 posts, read 5,362 times
Thank you the info, everyone! Yeah, Irvine definitely sounds appealing. The weather in Calgary seems to be way worse than in Toronto, so that would still be a nice change. But probably not as nice as in SoCal haha

Old Today, 04:01 PM

138 posts, read 64,952 times
I would say cal or toronto for sure
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto