Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2012, 01:38 PM

3 posts, read 17,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanusc View Post
I know there are free French classes offered by the Government in Quebec, but I was wondering if there are similar classes in Toronto as well? I have learned French for a couple of years, and am very interested in making myself more fluent. I think it will be quite useful when needed in this bilingual country.
I know that some companies support their employees by covering costs for french lessons in some schools such as Alliance Francaise (see. wwwalliance-francaise.ca)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2013, 12:09 AM

1 posts, read 5,237 times
there is a good school on toronto which charge just $7 per hour and provides very good service iam currently having my french classes with them.Here is there website Language School of Toronto-Canada College of Education check it out
i hope that was helpful

Old 03-26-2013, 12:31 PM

2 posts, read 7,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanusc View Post
I know there are free French classes offered by the Government in Quebec, but I was wondering if there are similar classes in Toronto as well? I have learned French for a couple of years, and am very interested in making myself more fluent. I think it will be quite useful when needed in this bilingual country.
I am a friendly French Tutor in Toronto. I have been a teacher of French notably at Imperial College. Please contact me if you need any help with your French on 647 273 4276 or lesmarmailles@yahoo.com specifying if you can commute or if you are ok studying in small interactive groups and if you are available after working hours.

Devendra

Old 03-26-2013, 12:37 PM

2 posts, read 7,907 times
Default French Tutor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwhitefan View Post
I was wondering the exact same thing. I currently am living in Toronto and don't know of any, although they are plentiful in Montreal etc.

Even a group that meets once a week in a cafe just for conversation would be helpful... if anyone knows of anything, please respond!
I am a friendly French Tutor in Toronto. I have been a teacher of French notably at Imperial College. Please contact me if you need any help with your French on 647 273 4276 or lesmarmailles@yahoo.com specifying if you can commute or if you are ok studying in small interactive groups and if you are available after working hours.
A café meeting say once weekly accompanied by some home work will be fine.

Devendra

Old 03-27-2013, 12:50 PM

277 posts, read 785,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by downwithwebster132 View Post
To be honest, everyone in Toronot speaks English, it isn't necessary to tke French.

The point is to learn a language for its own sake.

Old 05-18-2013, 10:08 AM

1 posts, read 4,865 times
This is brilliant. I would love to know after the month is over on 'how it went?' BTW, I think, it will be phenomenal & the organization will gain huge insights. I am also curious if one month is going to be enough. But, even a month is better than none or just the usual day or two, that's more common :-)

Old 05-19-2013, 12:11 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,317,542 times
Take a French lover. You'll be fluent in no time.

Old 08-08-2013, 08:59 AM

1 posts, read 4,616 times
Has anyone tried Collège Boréal, Toronto for learning french so far?

Old 10-16-2014, 08:48 AM

1 posts, read 3,749 times
Canada College of Education offers affordable French classes. Find more information on their website: [url=http://ccet.ca/French_course_toronto.php]French classes at low fee- Toronto Language School[/url]

Old 05-12-2015, 07:17 PM

1 posts, read 3,407 times
[url]https://www.tcdsb.org/News/othernews/2014/Pages/Free-Adult-French-Classes-Start-This-Month.aspx[/url]

NEW! Free Adult French Classes Start This Month
The Toronto Catholic District School Board’s Adult Education Program is offering French classes for the first time to eligible adult immigrants starting in February. Classes will be held at Eglinton LINC and ESL Centre (90 Eglinton avenue East, 2nd floor, Suite 200) on Tuesday and Thursday evenings, from 6:30-9:00 pm. Classes are free for eligible adult immigrants, which include refugee claimants, convention refugees, live-in caregivers,permanent residents, and Canadian citizens (not born in Canada).
Find out more about our French courses! Visit our class location or call for information 416-397-6196.
Those who want to register will first need a language assessment at a YMCA Language Assessment Centre. Call 416-925-5462 (or visit [url=http://www.ymcagta.org/language]The YMCA of Greater Toronto | Language Assessment and Referral Centre[/url]) to make an appointment for your French language assessment. Appointments are now available on February 20th and February 21st, 2014.
To learn more about this or any of our other free programs, please visit [url]www.tcdsb.org/adulted[/url].
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto