Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2009, 07:36 AM

1 posts, read 1,476 times

Advertisements

Hi, im 20 years of age and am currently in a serious long distance relationship with my boyfriend who lives in Toronto...The distance and travel expenses back and forth between Toronto (his home city) and Nottingham, England (my home city) is making things extremely hard on us.

I love Toronto so much and would love to spend more time than a short vacation there, maybe like 6 months to a year, but I have no clue where to start...So in short, I need advice on how to get myself to Toronto to be able to stay for a much longer amount of time..

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thankyou for your time
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2009, 09:06 AM

3,871 posts, read 17,098,015 times
Here is the accurate information and guidance you need, from the government of Canada:
http://cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/pub/rc4161-eng.html (broken link)
then
Welcome to Citizenship and Immigration Canada

I wish you well!

Old 01-13-2009, 02:15 PM

395 posts, read 1,286,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byakuya View Post
Hi, im 20 years of age and am currently in a serious long distance relationship with my boyfriend who lives in Toronto...The distance and travel expenses back and forth between Toronto (his home city) and Nottingham, England (my home city) is making things extremely hard on us.

I love Toronto so much and would love to spend more time than a short vacation there, maybe like 6 months to a year, but I have no clue where to start...So in short, I need advice on how to get myself to Toronto to be able to stay for a much longer amount of time..

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thankyou for your time
The easisest way is to immigrate to Canada under spousal category. This enable you to get a Permanat Residence. But you will have to be married for this or in a congugal reationship. check the website, www.cic.gc.ca
Also look into Immigrating to Canada: Sponsoring your family
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto