Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2009, 09:18 AM

93,231 posts, read 123,842,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajau View Post
You sure those girls didn't just want Green Cards?
Good point... I think it seriously a thing of the guys finding that going to Canada was better for them versus going to say Syracuse or another Upstate city to meet women. Let's just say they had some good luck up there.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2009, 12:05 PM

42 posts, read 139,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by titan5576 View Post
They are attractive but have a chip on their shoulders from living in Toronto, which can be a jungle at times. The men are not gentlemanly at all. I saw a guy last weekend follow a girl in his car on the sidewalk for two blocks when she is clearly uninterested. That will get you an harrassment charge in the US fast. Because of all that, Toronto women will go to great lengths to appear uninterested, its a security/defence mechanism.
This also has to do with ideas stemming from different cultures. For example, some cultures in the east permit this kind of "following" a girl when she initially seems interested. Because most times, these very women just give up and become interested, falling prey to the persistent nature of men.

Old 06-03-2009, 06:57 PM

75 posts, read 574,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilish View Post
This also has to do with ideas stemming from different cultures. For example, some cultures in the east permit this kind of "following" a girl when she initially seems interested. Because most times, these very women just give up and become interested, falling prey to the persistent nature of men.
Exactly. When I lived in Illinois, an exchange student from Peru once told me of his initial encounter with an American girl. He said he saw this good looking girl at school and followed her to the bus stop to ask her out. She didn't reply him at first so he kept on her asking if he could buy her ice-cream. To his surprise the girl replied that she would call the cop if he didn't leave her alone. The guy shocked took to his heels. He spent two years in an American high school, he eventually found someone even prettier and they dated while he was in the US and planned on keeping in touch via email. So yes in many cultures around the world, its part of the courtship process for the girl to initially say no which means the guy needs to step up his game

Old 06-03-2009, 11:34 PM

184 posts, read 837,181 times
I worked in Toronto for about 6 months a few years ago. And while I would definitely agree that if there was going to be a top ten list of the cities with the most beautiful women in the world, Toronto would probably earn itself a spot (or at least an honorable mention). For me, I would have to agree with the previous posters who mentioned Montreal. There seems to be something extra special about the Montreal gene pool.

Old 06-07-2009, 12:54 AM

287 posts, read 1,010,151 times
The great thing about Toronto women is the vast ethnic variety. It's truly awesome.

Toronto women have also had a reputation among some people as cold (ie. "what do you call a friendly Toronto woman? a tourist"). I used to think so but I just had to build up some cojones. Dating sites can really help too.

Old 06-07-2009, 09:23 PM

75 posts, read 574,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aggo View Post
The great thing about Toronto women is the vast ethnic variety. It's truly awesome.

Toronto women have also had a reputation among some people as cold (ie. "what do you call a friendly Toronto woman? a tourist"). I used to think so but I just had to build up some cojones. Dating sites can really help too.
The dating sites ones are old, ugly, fat or psycho. Waste of time in my book. You are better off getting a bike and explore the good parts of the city stopping for coffee and saying hi to the ladies eyeing you. Its a womens paradise around the beaches or west end areas when its nice out.

Old 06-14-2009, 01:56 AM

3,503 posts, read 7,496,456 times
After collecting my thoughts from my week in T.O., doting around downtown and watching what comes up on the other corners is rather worthwhile.

Special props to that Hooters on Adelaide. While it should go without saying that their gals are hot, well, I live in Houston, TX, where our Hooters gals can be rather unfun, unkempt, and hiding tramp stamps galore. Those gals fit the image to a "T" and I won't be remorseful about it, either.

Old 06-15-2009, 12:11 AM

773 posts, read 1,215,022 times
This thread couldn't help me from thinking of a quote by one of my favourite writers H. L. Mencken, with slight alteration.
' No matter how happily a Toronto woman may be married, it always pleases her to discover that there is a man who wishes that she were not'.

Old 06-15-2009, 12:15 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,395,538 times
i find the longer i dont date the prettier the women become.

Old 06-26-2009, 01:01 PM

42 posts, read 139,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huckleberry3911948 View Post
i find the longer i dont date the prettier the women become.
lmao!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto