Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2009, 06:52 AM

2,016 posts, read 5,205,781 times

Advertisements

What is the transportation situation from Greyhound Bus in Toronto (address is: 610 Bay Street, (north of Dundas Street - downtown) to the Toronto Airport? I'm staying at one of the airport hotels for three days of business training. The trip would be mid January 2010. Is a taxi ride feasible? Do the taxis congregate/park at the station or do I need to call in advance? I know nothing about this area of Toronto (where the station is located), please advise, if you would.

According to Google, the driving distance from the Greyhound bus station to the hotel that I'm staying at - at the Toronto International Airport is 27.5 to 28.3 km and about 22 to 29 minutes depending on the route taken.

Taking a plane would be my last resort as it's over $450-$480 round trip from Cleveland to the Toronto Airport and a bus is $82 round-trip. I just think this the airline fee is outrageous for a distance that I could drive in about 6 hours from NE OH.

Normally, this would be a driveable distance, but I'm a little bit leary of what the weather/driving situation could be at that time of year, this is why I'm thinking of taking a bus.

Thank you very much in advance.

Last edited by Donna7; 10-28-2009 at 07:06 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2009, 07:58 AM

701 posts, read 1,900,653 times
Of course a taxi is doable and you don't have to call in advance. There are plenty of cabs in downtown area. The fee should be about $50 plus tips. 30 minutes should be enough in normal hours but give it 40 just in case.

You can also walk 5 minutes to one of the downtown hotels to take the Airport express shuttle (Airport Express) for about $20.

The cheapest way would be to take the Yonge Street subway, change at Bloor Street west bound, get off at the terminal station and take the 192 Express Rocket, which costs $2.75 and somewhere between an hour and 75 minutes.

I agree with you that airfare to and from Canada is outrageous. For $450-480 you can probaby fly to the UK with a good deal, but welcome to pricy Canada.

Old 10-28-2009, 08:24 AM

2,016 posts, read 5,205,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkgg7 View Post
Of course a taxi is doable and you don't have to call in advance. There are plenty of cabs in downtown area. The fee should be about $50 plus tips. 30 minutes should be enough in normal hours but give it 40 just in case.

You can also walk 5 minutes to one of the downtown hotels to take the Airport express shuttle (Airport Express) for about $20.

The cheapest way would be to take the Yonge Street subway, change at Bloor Street west bound, get off at the terminal station and take the 192 Express Rocket, which costs $2.75 and somewhere between an hour and 75 minutes.

I agree with you that airfare to and from Canada is outrageous. For $450-480 you can probaby fly to the UK with a good deal, but welcome to pricy Canada.
Thank you very much for the extremely helpful information; it is deeply appreciated. Yes, I agree wholeheartedly with the outrageous cost to fly from Cleveland to Toronto (and thinking how it wouldn't much much more to fly to Europe on a discounted flight). Thanks again!

Old 10-30-2009, 06:45 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,763,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkgg7 View Post

I would not fly to Pearson. Fly to Buffalo and catch a bus to T.O.

Old 10-30-2009, 08:25 AM

11 posts, read 234,278 times
You can also take a GO Bus from Union station to Pearson airport for like 5 bucks.

Remember to visit some tourist attractions while you are down in the hood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto