Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 05:43 PM

2 posts, read 15,937 times

Advertisements

So in your opinion what are the big differences of Toronto men vs Montreal men?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2009, 06:41 PM

594 posts, read 1,199,496 times
People in Montreal are Frenchy/European style, while Toronto is more like U.S. men.

Old 11-19-2009, 10:52 AM

23 posts, read 79,138 times
Ha, ha. Fun thread.

I grew up in Toronto (25 yrs) and then married a man from Montreal (20 yrs ago). We lived in Toronto (11 yrs) then moved to the U.S.
(living in S/E U.S. 10 yrs). So maybe I can offer my opinion.

Montreal men (like the city) are way more fun. Toronto men are serious (like the business like city), maybe too much into themselves.
But, that's a genralization!!!! This is my small view from living in both cities, marrying a Montreal man and now being in a third place in the US.
Therefore, I agree with PalmBch above. Montrealers are more European and Torontonians are more like the "mid-west" U.S.

Old 08-02-2010, 03:50 PM

5 posts, read 30,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityDoll View Post
So in your opinion what are the big differences of Toronto men vs Montreal men?
Toronto men are very snobbish and never say hello to a woman on the street where a Montreal man will at least acknowlege a woman on the street.

Old 08-02-2010, 04:24 PM

39 posts, read 146,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anita paquet View Post
Toronto men are very snobbish and never say hello to a woman on the street where a Montreal man will at least acknowlege a woman on the street.
Are you just pulling up every thread you can find comparing Toronto to Montreal so you can bash Toronto?

Old 08-08-2010, 10:16 PM

5 posts, read 16,025 times
Default ftw

t.o

ftw.

Old 11-05-2011, 01:22 AM

126 posts, read 557,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anita paquet View Post
Incredible! Most women in Toronto (especially downtown) make it a point not to acknowledge men. It is one the most striking things about the city, at least for me. Many men realize this and respond accordingly. What you're describing is the direct result of Toronto women's snobbery.

Old 11-05-2011, 07:00 AM

136 posts, read 581,377 times
Toronto men are typically Americans, while Montreal men are very European and dress up much nicely with fashion everywhere

Old 11-05-2011, 01:10 PM

2,339 posts, read 2,069,942 times
Torontonians who live downtown like to put on an icy cold front, but it's just because we're closer to the lake.

Old 11-06-2011, 07:00 AM

4 posts, read 16,453 times
Hahahaha. I don't think so. I'm born in Toronto and I don't have a trace of any US or Canadian male. I'm more of a European person that lives in Toronto. MY family came from the Azores. I'm fully Azorean even tho born in Toronto. I could never be just Canadian or American. I'm Portuguese/Canadian. But I do not agree with you about Montreal men, they all look Canadian to me. I don't see anything European in Montreal, well except the language. Now the Euro men are more from Old Quebec City. Maybe that is why its my favourite city in Canada. I feel at home like when I go to the Azores. Everything is European in Old Quebec City. I was born Canadian, but i'm 100% Portuguese cultured

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmBch View Post
People in Montreal are Frenchy/European style, while Toronto is more like U.S. men.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto