U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 03:35 PM

72 posts, read 169,814 times

Advertisements

I have some family members in america, since we originate from a country where the murder rate is like 10 times that of the usa it is not really a problem to us. The part of usa i never get is that it seems murders happen anywhere there. Like in most countries it is limited to poor areas but usa seems to have gangs so spread out that it doesn't matter. My uncle use to work in law enforcement and was telling me how when it comes to gang activity actually that Las Vegas was one of the worst cities because there are no major gangs. Everyone is kind of a 1 person gang unit, no gang allegiance so anyone is blowing away anyone else any place any time.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2010, 07:47 PM

108 posts, read 298,118 times
I have lived in Las Vegas over 16 years and this town has gone downhill, the quality of life here has eroded. Unemployment skyrocketed and heavy traffic. Everyday all over the Las Vegas Valley we have home invasions, shootings, muggings carjackings and throw in the gang activity you have a really wonderful living enviorment
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto