Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2013, 07:11 AM

2,801 posts, read 3,858,118 times

Advertisements

The King Edward is also great, but no pool.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2013, 09:52 AM

131 posts, read 480,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhnhth View Post
Reviving an old thread here - I am planning to stay at the Sheraton Centre for a two-night visit to Toronto, family of three. Can anyone offer feedback on this hotel? I'll get a deal with a pre-pay, but you know the catch.

How about parking? Hotel parking is expensive - can anyone suggest nearby alternatives to hotel parking?

Thanks very much in advance - I'm grateful for any feedback and info you can offer.
I didn't stay there, but attended a conference there last year. (I stayed at the Hilton across the street). The hotel was fine. Like any hotel, the food in the hotel proper was expensive, but you had easy access to the Path with decent eating options down there including a pub almost across the way. A number of my friends stayed at the hotel and were pleased. I have elite status with Hilton and wanted the points and perks from staying there.

I came in by train and can't help you about cars. I do my level best not to have a car in Toronto City Centre. There are street lots behind the hotel near the courts. I'm not sure about living my car in such a lot overnight.

Old 05-21-2013, 08:08 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,873,555 times
Smart man! Who actually wants to spend a fortune on a hotel whilst on vacation in an urban environment that beckons to be explored!! Save the expensive nights at a resort where you will be pampered and not leave the confines of it - otherwise a comfy bed that is in a clean basic room is all you need by night - by day - the city awaits!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgpg_99 View Post
I just visited Toronto last week. I stayed at the Super 8 on Spadina 222 (heart of Chinatown). I paid $96 + tax for an individual room with a king size bed. The hotel is actually integrated with a small shopping mall, which was kind of unusual (for me, at least). But I'm not picky, so I thought the room was good, the view of downtown Toronto was great, and the service was more than acceptable.

The Super 8 is nothing fancy, though. You seem to be looking for a more upscale accomodation. I would be surprised that, if your budget is $ 300-400 per night, you wouldn't be able to find good accomodation in one of the regular chains (i.e., Hyatt).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto