Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 02:43 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,650,249 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofsorrow View Post
why am i not surprised to see you here? and he's asking for proof nonetheless. can't provide any to back up his "opinions", but requires it off others.
folks now he's going to resort to name calling and insullts.
so mr. steve, shall we begin? which name do you want to call me first? or maybe a broad statement insulting my intelligence?
????????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2011, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanman13 View Post
The name-calling started before Steve was here.

NASA tested 9 cars, and stated they did not find any electronic faults in those nine cars. Pretty small sample. Toyota, of course, runs with it and says that means there are no problems at all. Are there problems of the electronic type? Perhaps not. At best, it's still a ****-poor pedal design.

Thank you stanman13! I have no intention of calling anyone names.

Old 02-09-2011, 03:14 PM

5,994 posts, read 20,174,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
I'll spell it out for you:

It does happen to all manufacturers, but the point is Toyota is up on charges for hiding the evidence and not recalling vehicles when they should. They knew they had sticky pedals and didn't recall them either that's why they got fined. If it were a "failed witchhunt" then the US Gov would be paying Toyota back the money they fined them.

They haven't. Because the "culprit" did do something wrong. The article I posted, which you obviously didn't read, illustrates an example of how their hiding defects caused a fatality and didn't involve someone stacking up floormats, or pressing the gas instead of the brake. If you can't see how that is pertinent and on topic for this discussion you are just another person with blinders on whom I won't waste time talking to.
How much more BS are you serving up? You must have a pretty large kitchen. If you would like to discuss a completely different issue (which is what you're doing) then you can feel free to start another thread with that link you posted. Why? Because it has nothing to do with floor mats, pedals, unintended acceleration or anything else relevant to this thread.

Let's not forget that at the center of all this was the issue of unintended acceleration. This was the media focus, this was the reason why many on this forum said one shouldn't buy a Toyota, etc. Turns out there are no electronic faults and that the primary issues were 1) people getting into accidents and then lying, 2) idiots multi stacking floor mats, and 3) people removing floor mats and not putting them back in a manor so that they don't slide.

Old 02-09-2011, 03:27 PM

3,046 posts, read 6,301,926 times
Then explain the 2 that wrecked that did not even have floor mats in them? It wasn't floor mats that caused their problem!

Old 02-09-2011, 03:30 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,627,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_TN View Post
ALL? Proof? All handled in the same botched way Toyota handled it? Nice try.
You need proof, here you go, and this is just the major manufacturers.
Unintended acceleration issue requires attention | MotorwayAmerica

Your turn.

Old 02-09-2011, 03:31 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,627,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12GO View Post
Then explain the 2 that wrecked that did not even have floor mats in them? It wasn't floor mats that caused their problem!
What 2?

Old 02-09-2011, 03:38 PM

298 posts, read 597,728 times
The floor mat thing and the stupid driver theory just don't get it with me. It's just part of the cover up in my opinion. Test (what kind of test?)nine cars out of millions and that makes it a fact? Not for me. I still say there is/was an electronic problem and the decision to say that there is no electronic problem just tells me our Government is in on the cover up "now". What if our Government said it was/is an electrical problem? Fifty percent of Toyota dealers, factories, and related businesses would be out of business in six months and our economy just can't stand that.

Nothing special about Toyota...they are just another auto manufacturer, only with the arrogance to expect everyone believe they are perfect.

Old 02-09-2011, 04:07 PM

15,461 posts, read 25,906,787 times
The accident that brought this issue to everyone's attention (the Lexus that the trooper could not stop) is still mind boggling. If it was the floor mat, as claimed, then why didn't he reach down and pull it off the accelerator, or shift the car to neutral. I don't accept the argument that he was just stupid since they had more than enough time to figure something out, and he was not alone. This official report I will have to accept, but it does not answer the questions about that crash. I guess we'll never know since the police stopped investigating after finding the floormat.

Old 02-09-2011, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
You need proof, here you go, and this is just the major manufacturers.
Unintended acceleration issue requires attention | MotorwayAmerica

Your turn.
That list fails to include ALL automakes as you claimed. Where is the proof for the others to substantiate your statement? Nice try though.

Old 02-09-2011, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiBall View Post
The floor mat thing and the stupid driver theory just don't get it with me. It's just part of the cover up in my opinion. Test (what kind of test?)nine cars out of millions and that makes it a fact? Not for me. I still say there is/was an electronic problem and the decision to say that there is no electronic problem just tells me our Government is in on the cover up "now". What if our Government said it was/is an electrical problem? Fifty percent of Toyota dealers, factories, and related businesses would be out of business in six months and our economy just can't stand that.

Nothing special about Toyota...they are just another auto manufacturer, only with the arrogance to expect everyone believe they are perfect.
So true! Good post!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion