Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 09:13 AM

2,698 posts, read 12,199,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibsonzero View Post
yes my logic is flawed. I understand that. Hence I am posting and researching. I have not much car knowledge and if my standpoint comes off as illogical then good. I would not buy a car based on my own experiences and knowledge because its not nearly enough. I mean I dont want to think that every mazda is gonna be bad, but that experiece is all I have. There are so many cars and special cases even with just the cars I have owned so reading isn't convincing enough yet. I like to read about experiences and supplement that with my own research.

Trust me Im not here to argue about how i think mazda sucks or anything Im sponging everything said in here and conducting research for my car choice so thanks guys
No prob. I hope I didn't come off as condescending in my first post. I was just trying to point out the flaw in the logic.

Seriously, though, I'd take a look at the Focus or Fiesta. Many rave reviews, and the platforms that just came out in the States have been in Europe for a few years longer, so you can check out reviews from over there if you need to put your mind at ease.

Mike
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2012, 09:49 AM

63 posts, read 132,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboyslo View Post
No prob. I hope I didn't come off as condescending in my first post. I was just trying to point out the flaw in the logic.

Seriously, though, I'd take a look at the Focus or Fiesta. Many rave reviews, and the platforms that just came out in the States have been in Europe for a few years longer, so you can check out reviews from over there if you need to put your mind at ease.

Mike

sounds like a plan! I will check it out!

Old 04-04-2012, 10:17 AM

3,382 posts, read 8,670,309 times
This is what I was getting at to research models.

Even though the cruze is relatively new in the US, its not a new vehicle.

Chevrolet Cruze - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 04-04-2012, 10:31 AM

9,912 posts, read 24,714,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gibsonzero View Post
Right now I am 750 miles in(since synthetic blend oil change) and its running well.(no knocking or pressure light etc.). I am gonna see how far It will go then have my mechanic look at it anyways. Do you have any thoughts on additives to help alleviate the burning?

Yeah if I could not buy a new car I would wait.
Wait, have you had knocking or pressure light before because of low oil level? That might be a different scenario than just burning! But, if you stopped right away, maybe not.

Additives sold separately AFAIK are mostly or entirely BS. I think there's a thread about that.

Now, I have been using synthetic blend oil marketed to be for high mileage engines. I don't know what if anything (beyond the synthetic blend) is in that which could turn out to be similar to the separate additives. There are a number of additives already in the oil which may or may not really be any different than the separate ones.

I will say I used to top off the oil between changes with plain conventional, because, why not, it's already only part synthetic? But, it seems to work better and burn less if I keep it topped off with the same exact synthetic blend as what is put in with the oil change. Maybe my imagination, maybe not a huge difference, but now that's what I do.

You have to see how much oil it's using and how it runs. I don't necessarily think you must get a new car immediately though. But I can't exactly tell from your wording whether you're interested in keeping it. Sounds more like you are able to and want to get a new car, so in that case just get one, less worries. (Although I am happy to keep my old car, there are some things I worry about, and I tend not to take it on really long trips, etc. even though it is perfectly capable.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion