Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2012, 10:27 AM

918 posts, read 4,681,698 times

Advertisements

We are in the process of buying the base model of Toyota Sienna 2013 L and we are interested in adding the leather seats.

How and where I can find the true price of leather seats?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2012, 10:30 AM

3,869 posts, read 15,118,135 times
Call the parts dept.
or a body shop.

Old 10-29-2012, 10:32 AM

5,994 posts, read 19,878,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marykate1 View Post
We are in the process of buying the base model of Toyota Sienna 2013 L and we are interested in adding the leather seats.

How and where I can find the true price of leather seats?
Whose true price? You can find the dealers individual seat price from the parts department or look at the package cost (should be less expensive as a package) when buying a new model. If you're looking to avoid the dealer package then you can ask an upholstery shop to see if they will wrap your cloth seats in leather or vinyl. Honestly, if you’re not willing to pay the dealer leather package price then just stick with the cloth because none of the alternatives are particularly attractive.

Old 10-29-2012, 11:56 AM

3,602 posts, read 7,850,061 times
> you can ask an upholstery shop to see if they will wrap your cloth seats in leather or vinyl.

This (and aftermarket seats) may have been an option in the past. However now many cars have airbags integrated into the seat, right?

Old 10-29-2012, 01:38 PM

1,344 posts, read 4,746,012 times
If you're buying a new car, might as well do it right get and what you want. I'm a cheap SOB but if I wanted leather, spend the extra for the package. And use the fact you don't want the other stuff in the package to negotiate the price down 20-30%.

Anything after-market on a new car just looks stupid. And have the grease monkeys in the dealer shop install the factory leather seats just opens the car up to other problems.

Old 10-29-2012, 05:38 PM

290 posts, read 915,070 times
I've priced adding leather seating before. For a sedan with average leather quality with vinyl trim (most cars only have leather on the front of the seats), the material itself is around $1,000. So add in the added material for a van, it might be roughly $1,200-$1,300 plus install. There might be a company out there that sells a diy kit where you just install leather covers over your stock seats. I'd check ebay.

Old 10-29-2012, 05:58 PM

1,900 posts, read 5,871,199 times
Found them...to do all three rows will not be cheap.

jcwhitney.com

2012 Toyota Sienna Seat Covers, Protection, Upholstery & Cushions - JCWhitney

cabelas.com

Cabela's: Coverking Leather Seat Covers

Old 10-30-2012, 01:33 PM

4,359 posts, read 7,477,564 times
I think what the OP is looking for is aftermarket leather seats. Ask your dealer if they can recommend a shop.

Old 10-30-2012, 01:49 PM

3,483 posts, read 8,951,645 times
I can remember about 5 years ago talking to a Toyota dealership about the Camry that my parents were purchasing.

The dealer made mention that when they receive a Camry, it has cloth seats...if you wanted leather seats, the mechanics at the dealership would remove the factory cloth seat covers and replace them with the Toyota supplied leather covers in the color of your choice. That just seems stupid, and he might have been blowing smoke, since I'd imagine things like leather seats are tied to the VIN and it wouldn't make much sense for Toyota to produce more of one seat cover, for it to only be removed at the dealership and destroyed.

Old 10-30-2012, 02:38 PM

5,994 posts, read 19,878,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flynavyj View Post
I can remember about 5 years ago talking to a Toyota dealership about the Camry that my parents were purchasing.

The dealer made mention that when they receive a Camry, it has cloth seats...if you wanted leather seats, the mechanics at the dealership would remove the factory cloth seat covers and replace them with the Toyota supplied leather covers in the color of your choice. That just seems stupid, and he might have been blowing smoke, since I'd imagine things like leather seats are tied to the VIN and it wouldn't make much sense for Toyota to produce more of one seat cover, for it to only be removed at the dealership and destroyed.
This was likely the case for a vehicle that wasn't delivered with leather from the factory. For many vehicles, the only difference in the seat with upmarket models is the addition of power and a different seat skin. I've seen a few guys on the Genesis Coupe forums replace their base model cloth skins for the Track model brown leathers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion