Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2013, 03:51 PM

1,654 posts, read 7,345,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by adventuregurl View Post
Depends what you're looking for, I was around 32 when I got my first one, that after a Honda Accord. I don't look to my car for excitement and, quite frankly, I'd rather have safety, reliability and low cost maintenance.

The last time around, I tried to break out of my shell and buy an Altima but the inside width and trunk room were smaller and I didn't want to scale down that way.
Personally, I am not a sedan person. I've never driven a sedan, only SUVs. We have a BMW that my hubby drives. I've driven it a handful of times in the 3 years we've had it. It's not for me.

If I had to pick a normal sedan it would be either the Fusion or the Altima.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2013, 04:00 PM

4,236 posts, read 8,136,274 times
What they don't want you to know is that the Camry is a sexy machine that conveys stability, practicality and reliability.

I suppose one could buy a jetta, ugg boots and keep tow driver on speed dial.

Old 06-03-2013, 07:33 AM

1 posts, read 2,148 times
i have a 09 camray le no problems 55 thousand looking to trade for truck anyone interested in give me a shout

Old 06-03-2013, 11:04 AM

13,520 posts, read 22,118,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike cole View Post
i have a 09 camray le no problems 55 thousand looking to trade for truck anyone interested in give me a shout

55 thousand is well above kelley blue book for a camray.

Old 06-03-2013, 11:42 AM

2,098 posts, read 3,523,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargobound View Post
What they don't want you to know is that the Camry is a sexy machine that conveys stability, practicality and reliability.

I suppose one could buy a jetta, ugg boots and keep tow driver on speed dial.
Sexy machine? What meds are you on????

Old 06-03-2013, 02:32 PM

2,245 posts, read 3,007,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yowps3 View Post

I have the 2008 Camry SE V6 and no issues. The same model years Fusions & Malibus are all scrapped out.
The part in bold, is so easily disproved, it's not even worth debating.

Last edited by BLS2753; 06-03-2013 at 02:51 PM..

Old 06-03-2013, 08:36 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,758,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLS2753 View Post
The part in bold, is so easily disproved, it's not even worth debating.
Last I checked an 08 Fusion still sells for over 10k. My wife has a 10 Camry with 46,000 miles she's put 23,000 miles on in the year and a half she's owned it. Zero problems. I'm a diehard Ford fan, however both of her Toyotas have impressed me.

Old 04-06-2014, 09:26 PM

1 posts, read 1,757 times
Default my camry

I have had my new 2013 Camry in the shop to have some noises fix ....It has taken them 6 times to get 3 noises out. I started by starting a lemon law on the vehicle....Toyota said that a lemon law would not work on noises.....this sucks. they have taken the windshield out and replaced moldings, taken the dash apart 3 times and padded it with insillation....taken the consol out several times and put insillation,,,taken the trunk apart 2 times....finally put some fasteners on bottom panels and rear quarten inner fender well that were not good from the factory and replaced the drivers outside mirror for noise. the dash noise is gone but the noise from the windshield is terrible. Toyota said that by making the vehicle more aero dynamic, it created more noise in the windshield......this is the last Toyota I will own...their customer service and repair really sucks..it only took them 1 year to find some problems with my car......take it in with plenty of gas and leave almost empty....all they can say is bs......jm

Old 04-06-2014, 09:46 PM

7,136 posts, read 12,668,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
55 thousand is well above kelley blue book for a camray.
I believe 55 thousand is the mileage on his Camry not the price.

Old 04-07-2014, 09:38 AM

13,138 posts, read 22,804,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargobound View Post
Yep... the ultimate MILF-Magnet. Throw a booster seat in the back, a sippy-cup in the cup holder then mow your front lawn with your shirt off and you are virtually guaranteed wild times in the garden shed, a future divorce and/or awkward relationship with your neighbors for years to come.

In defense of the Camry, I had an '11 V-6 and it was freakishly fast (for that kind of car, anyway!) I also had a '97 Camry years ago that was a great "no hassles" family car.

Still, the Camry just doesn't do it for me; I traded in the '11 after only a year. Life is too short to drive a vanilla flavored car and kids don't mind uncomfortable back seats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion