Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-10-2014, 06:14 PM
 
Location: USA
30,469 posts, read 21,668,363 times
Reputation: 18781

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheriC View Post
I just called Lexus for a quote on new tires for an IS250 and the service rep asked me if I had experienced any problems with idling, which I did about a month ago but it only happened twice? So when I replied yes she said I should bring the car in and if it qualifies they may replace the pistons, rings, and do an oil change for the my troubles. I went to the Lexus website to research the recent recalls and nothing came up??
So I googled it and long and behold, should have known the CD'ers would be all over it, lol. Taking mine in on Saturday, so I will find out then if it qualifies?
Curious if anyone else has had trouble with the rubber gasket you push to open the trunk? Mine has melted and the rubber drips down the car in high temps?
An oil change for the trouble..Thats it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-10-2014, 06:47 PM
 
Location: SF Bay Area
5,994 posts, read 19,897,116 times
Reputation: 4078
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
An oil change for the trouble..Thats it?
What else were you reasonably expecting?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-12-2014, 07:47 AM
 
8,402 posts, read 24,108,806 times
Reputation: 6822
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheriC View Post
I just called Lexus for a quote on new tires for an IS250 and the service rep asked me if I had experienced any problems with idling, which I did about a month ago but it only happened twice? So when I replied yes she said I should bring the car in and if it qualifies they may replace the pistons, rings, and do an oil change for the my troubles. I went to the Lexus website to research the recent recalls and nothing came up??
So I googled it and long and behold, should have known the CD'ers would be all over it, lol. Taking mine in on Saturday, so I will find out then if it qualifies?
Curious if anyone else has had trouble with the rubber gasket you push to open the trunk? Mine has melted and the rubber drips down the car in high temps?
Why would you go to the dealer for tires?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-16-2014, 07:33 AM
 
Location: Staten Island
1,653 posts, read 2,292,839 times
Reputation: 2374
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaxnc View Post
why would you go to the dealer for tires?
no!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-17-2014, 07:21 PM
 
8,402 posts, read 24,108,806 times
Reputation: 6822
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thomas J View Post
no!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-30-2014, 05:07 PM
 
1 posts, read 7,254 times
Reputation: 10
My 2009 IS250 qualified (after taking it in 4 times and complaining, etc). They did the pistons and now one year later my car is running terrible. First they told me I put bad gas in my car (which was not the case). And when it still ran horrible after they supposedly fixed it, I took it back. Now it appears they will be be re doing the gaskets and cylinder block. I thought all of that would've been done the first time around. Anyone have experience like this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-30-2014, 07:56 PM
 
Location: Hawaii-Puna District
3,752 posts, read 11,457,444 times
Reputation: 2481
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaxnc View Post
Why would you go to the dealer for tires?
Probably because the manufacturer's have some pretty darned good pricing that dealers pass along. Gets you into the dealership.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-01-2014, 12:38 AM
 
Location: Staten Island
1,653 posts, read 2,292,839 times
Reputation: 2374
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdand3boys View Post
Probably because the manufacturer's have some pretty darned good pricing that dealers pass along. Gets you into the dealership.
Not in my experience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-01-2014, 07:52 PM
 
1 posts, read 7,178 times
Reputation: 10
Hi I have 2006 lexus Gs300 and it's burning oil like crazy so how I can get the letter from lexus?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-02-2014, 02:04 AM
 
Location: London
4,717 posts, read 5,024,720 times
Reputation: 2154
The recall was from 2007 onwards. What oil did you use? Fully synthetic?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top