Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2015, 10:40 PM

2 posts, read 4,270 times

Advertisements

Both the dealer and the independent Lexus repair shop who have serviced the car have used 5W/40 oil. I am still appealing the reply but so far Lexus has held tight to their 9 year limit from date of original delivery. Mileage is not a factor either high or low mileage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2020, 08:40 AM

1 posts, read 302 times
Default 2006 GS300 burning oil again!

I have a 2006 GS300 and had the rough idling-burning oil issues at 77,000 miles and Lexus replaced my piston rings under free of charge. The car ran well for 30,000 miles but is now burning oil again. I took it to the dealer when my "low oil" light came on and they ran an "oil consumption" test after 1,000 and they said it looked ok and that the "low oil" light may have been caused by not enough oil being added during the last change. Now 2,400 miles later I checked the oil and it looked low to me so I brought it back to the dealer and they said it was "2 quarts low" and that it would cost $225 to diagnose what was wrong with the engine. I explained that this was a prior issue and the rep said the car was out of warranty and they wouldn't cover it. I have a call in to Lexus and will be hearing from them today. Wondering if anyone else has had this issue?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion