Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2013, 05:03 AM

3,961 posts, read 11,022,761 times

Advertisements

OP i'll add that while our 08 handled our boat fine enough, i've no idea on how it will handle a travel trailer. At highway speed that could be quite the resistance against the wind as you pull, I'm wondering if you shouldn't also try one of the Toyota forums (such as Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum) to get some real world advice on what you want to pull from more owners.
Seems a travel trailer is like a pontoon boat--the total weight may be reasonable but the lack of aerodynamics can cause issues. Just thought i'd toss that in there....

As for price, out of curiousity i went on autotrader using a 100 mile radius of my location, no 2010-13 4wd's under 25k but a couple listing in the $25-30k area including some with lower miles did pop up. So your price range may at least be close once all negotiations, etc are done. But it could be slim pickings as far as what you can choose from for colors, models, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2013, 05:42 AM

23 posts, read 56,918 times
Have an '08 with the V6 and I love it! One of the nicest vehicles we've ever owned. Very capable & reliable. They hold thier value very well so you might be hard pressed to find one that new with that mileage for <$25k. It's a great choice, go for it!

Old 11-01-2013, 09:05 AM

1,123 posts, read 3,111,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nld09 View Post
Thanks everyone for your input. I am starting a family and the baby is due in the first week of December so it's a small family with a small dog. My 2002 CRV is getting old so I am looking for a replacement. I will get a boat and travel trailer in the near future weight in around 3500 lbs dry so I think the V6 4runner can handle that. I agree with trlhiker that it will take some times to find a decent 5th gen low mile for under 25k. It's weird that I really love camping or travel in a travel trailer but I never done it before and I just kept dreaming about it . Again, I appreciated everyone inputs and learn a lot from it.
With this additional info I can say the 4Runner will be great for your family. We don't have kids but have three dogs and they love riding in the back where they can look out the power rear-window. On extended trips we fold the back seats down, and pack all our gear in the back of the truck, giving the dogs a pretty large space to sprawl out in the middle section.

Here are some photos of how we roll...

Old 11-01-2013, 11:45 AM

81 posts, read 119,402 times
dude_reino, that looks awesome . I was actually in Moab Utah last September. We went to Arches National Park. Very beautiful place. Thanks for sharing the photos.

javajoe911, thanks for the input on the 2008 model. I will check that out too.

ranger17, you are right on about the final price. I think I will have to negotiate hard for that price

Old 04-24-2014, 01:33 PM

4,895 posts, read 14,140,308 times
I have the 2000 V6 ~ It just hit 195,555 ~ wouldn't drive any other vehicle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion