Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2013, 08:15 PM

528 posts, read 823,460 times

Advertisements

It reminds me of another commercial for the Camry a couple generations back where they kept telling you how beautiful it was.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2013, 04:41 PM

2,052 posts, read 5,871,798 times
I drove a V6 Camry back to back at a Ford Ecoboost Challenge several weeks ago. It had some power, as I broke the tires loose on the acceleration part of the track vs the Fusion, but it was NOT sporty or fun to drive in the curves and slalom portions of the course. Way to much float and drama. Maybe the SE version would be better, but I don't know.

Old 11-13-2013, 05:06 PM

815 posts, read 2,998,094 times
Seems pointless to try to make a midsize family car be something it isn't. Its an economical family car. It isn't fast, its not beautiful (in fact its kind of ugly), you won't write home about it. Its a safe boring car and there is nothing wrong with that. It does what its supposed to do, and it does do it well. It will never be a favorite of car guys. So what. Most people aren't car guys, they want something you turn the key and drive.

My 70 year old mother drives a Honda Accord. She likes it OK, that it gets her from place to place with no fuss and its somewhat comfy. She does say its a very boring car. But she knew it going in, and is fine with it. She has had cars far more fun, but they weren't reliable as the Accord.

Old 11-13-2013, 05:29 PM

1,528 posts, read 4,232,095 times
5.8 seconds 0-60mph is fast! ^^

Old 11-13-2013, 07:24 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,524,353 times
I rented a Camry. Yawn. Its a car. Boring reliable quiet coma inducing ride. Its a. Big pig front wheel drive with all season tires. Double yawn. There is nothing fun or sporting about that.

Old 11-14-2013, 01:20 PM

799 posts, read 2,441,259 times
Rental Camry's are not SE v6's. I have a 2012 SE v6. Ive owned performance cars. I drag raced in college(mid 11 sec fox Mustang), and my first car at 16 was a Buick Regal T Type. A new SE V6 camry is a fairly sporty car for its utility. The commercial is spot on, IMO.

Bunch a haters in here.

Old 11-14-2013, 01:30 PM

5,228 posts, read 15,288,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtgmike View Post
Rental Camry's are not SE v6's. I have a 2012 SE v6. Ive owned performance cars. I drag raced in college(mid 11 sec fox Mustang), and my first car at 16 was a Buick Regal T Type. A new SE V6 camry is a fairly sporty car for its utility. The commercial is spot on, IMO.

Bunch a haters in here.
My point was there was nothing about that track that would make a Camry more exciting to a passenger than any other car on the same track. So how exactly is the comercial any more "spot on" than the one with the people saying it was "grounded to the ground?" What does it say about the Camry that can't be applied to every other car on the market?

Old 11-14-2013, 02:11 PM

2,256 posts, read 4,496,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc63 View Post
My point was there was nothing about that track that would make a Camry more exciting to a passenger than any other car on the same track. So how exactly is the comercial any more "spot on" than the one with the people saying it was "grounded to the ground?" What does it say about the Camry that can't be applied to every other car on the market?
Umm yeah.. but what auto commercials are about scientific absolutes snd all.. theyre ALL about emotion.. and that ad conveys it perfectly actually. What a bunch of "get off my lawn you damn" kids bitter old men in here.

Old 11-15-2013, 08:44 AM

799 posts, read 2,441,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc63 View Post
I bet you are a lot of fun at parties...

ITS A COMMERCIAL!!! That camry is pretty sporty, and the commercial relates that point well to soccer moms. End of story.

Old 11-15-2013, 01:07 PM

4,236 posts, read 8,140,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cats234 View Post
Has anyone seen this commercial? I think it is hilarious that Toyota is trying to convince people that a Camry is fun to drive
Even more funny is VW trying to pawn off beige Jettas and Passats as sporty when they're nothing more than German Ford tortoises.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion