Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2014, 07:31 PM

1,738 posts, read 3,007,483 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
My gf is looking into buying a new Toyota Tacoma. Her 1999 Toyota Tacoma has almost 250K miles and she's thinking of replacing it pretty soon. We went to the dealership the other day and did not like the redesigned look of the new pickups. They look very blocky and boxy to us. That seems to be the trend of pickup design now. What do you think? Do you like the look of the 2015 Toyota trucks?
Your picture is a photoshopped 4runner made to look like a truck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperL View Post
This is always laughable to me. I went to school with some of the brass in San Antonio where they make the Tundra. I met up with the guys for lunch a few months back and the plant has a museum there of the older Japanese cars and trucks and the new ones are on display. Because of the cab forward design and me being 6'4" I couldn't get in one. For me, the door is in front of the dashboard and needs to be moved back about 6". I can get in the back of a Crewcab with no issues. But it was quite the scene at the plant with me trying to get in one. I'm not a fan of the Tundra. For the same power, the Tundra drinks a lot of fuel. Repairs are incredible. Toyota is being hammered by the Feds for price gouging concerning parts and they should be. Toyota is no better than any other makers products so why should the parts be 3-4 times the cost. The only rancher I know that has one has the ranch hands driving it. It's pretty much junk and is 4 years old. It held up in those 4 years as well as an early 90's Dodge. The Dodge never has left the ranch in all of those years. Most ranchers drive Fords as do most construction folks. There's a reason why. The Tundras just don't hold up well when used like a truck. But then most trucks today are nothing more than an open air trunk soccer mom grocery getter. Few ever haul anything and even fewer ever see anything that resembles off road. So if you fit in one, want one, and don't intend to use it as a truck but want one, buy it.
Nothing like some American hate with no actual numbers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandalorian View Post
A midsize/compact truck.

Check out a Dodge Ram Laramie Longhorn, Ford F150 Platinum/King Ranch, Chevy Silverado High Country or Tundra 1794.

They are as nice inside as luxury cars.
Yah, and those trucks cost close to 50K.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2014, 08:12 PM

5,717 posts, read 18,923,039 times
Quote:
Nothing like some American hate with no actual numbers.
How about sales numbers Skippy. The F150 out sells the Tundra by almost 7 times. You can fool some of the people some of the time but there's a reason the F150 is the best selling truck for decades now. There's also a reason that the Tundra just can't break into the big time with their trucks. That's not hate, that's called reality. I assume you're capable of reading these numbers as you apparently don't know how to use google, so I did it for you as a favor.
Best-Selling Pickup Trucks: December 2013 - PickupTrucks.com News

Old 09-01-2014, 08:15 PM

1,015 posts, read 1,654,771 times
Quote:
A midsize/compact truck.

Check out a Dodge Ram Laramie Longhorn, Ford F150 Platinum/King Ranch, Chevy Silverado High Country or Tundra 1794.

They are as nice inside as luxury cars.
You haven't ever been a BMW/Audi/Mercedes, have you?

Old 09-01-2014, 08:27 PM

1,392 posts, read 2,859,957 times
Because of the cab forward design and me being 6'4" I couldn't get in one.

Now I know this to be pure BS, Yep I'm 6'4" 300#'s and there's way plenty room in my Tundra, if u don't like the truck np, but lets not just keep the bashin a little more truthfull, pure bs.

"

Old 09-01-2014, 08:42 PM

6,707 posts, read 8,776,563 times
Quote:
This is always laughable to me. I went to school with some of the brass in San Antonio where they make the Tundra. I met up with the guys for lunch a few months back and the plant has a museum there of the older Japanese cars and trucks and the new ones are on display. Because of the cab forward design and me being 6'4" I couldn't get in one. For me, the door is in front of the dashboard and needs to be moved back about 6". I can get in the back of a Crewcab with no issues. But it was quite the scene at the plant with me trying to get in one. I'm not a fan of the Tundra. For the same power, the Tundra drinks a lot of fuel. Repairs are incredible. Toyota is being hammered by the Feds for price gouging concerning parts and they should be. Toyota is no better than any other makers products so why should the parts be 3-4 times the cost. The only rancher I know that has one has the ranch hands driving it. It's pretty much junk and is 4 years old. It held up in those 4 years as well as an early 90's Dodge. The Dodge never has left the ranch in all of those years. Most ranchers drive Fords as do most construction folks. There's a reason why. The Tundras just don't hold up well when used like a truck. But then most trucks today are nothing more than an open air trunk soccer mom grocery getter. Few ever haul anything and even fewer ever see anything that resembles off road. So if you fit in one, want one, and don't intend to use it as a truck but want one, buy it.
Most construction folks demand 3/4+ ton rating and/or dually option. Toyota doesn't have anything above 1/2 ton. If you think Toyota parts are expensive, try looking up parts for the Ecoboost engine.

Old 09-01-2014, 08:49 PM

6,707 posts, read 8,776,563 times
Quote:
How about sales numbers Skippy. The F150 out sells the Tundra by almost 7 times. You can fool some of the people some of the time but there's a reason the F150 is the best selling truck for decades now. There's also a reason that the Tundra just can't break into the big time with their trucks. That's not hate, that's called reality. I assume you're capable of reading these numbers as you apparently don't know how to use google, so I did it for you as a favor.
Best-Selling Pickup Trucks: December 2013 - PickupTrucks.com News
However the Tacoma has the compact truck market by a large margin over the big US 3.

Old 09-01-2014, 08:50 PM

3,278 posts, read 5,390,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by isles20 View Post
You haven't ever been a BMW/Audi/Mercedes, have you?
I own a Q7 I bought new.

Old 09-01-2014, 09:05 PM

1,015 posts, read 1,654,771 times
Quote:
I own a Q7 I bought new.
My neighbor had the expensive Silverado, I was more impressed with the High Trim on the Ford Fiesta.

Old 09-01-2014, 09:23 PM

2,775 posts, read 5,164,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenger76 View Post
Toyota and Chevy went way too boxy for my taste, but they sell like crazy anyway. I think Dodge Ram, F-150, and Nissan Titan and Frontier are the best looking out there. Oh, and new Colorado coming out in '15 is actually really good looking.
2015 Colorado: Small Truck
The Colorado could be easily be badged as a Toyota.
Quote:
Expected to provide unprecedented towing and power, Colorado will offer advanced 2.5L I-4 and 3.6L V6 engines at launch. Joining the engine lineup in 2015: the highly anticipated 2.8L Duramax® Turbo-Diesel. No other current North American competitor in this class offers a turbo-diesel. But no matter which engine you choose, impressive performance and remarkable efficiency ride shotgun on every trip.
They got my interest at diesel...anybody knows much about this engine???
I cannot find any published towing capability for the 2.8L diesel version of the Colorado...

There are talks for Nisan Frontier with Cummins diesel (hope to be true), why is Tacoma not offering on in USA???

Old 09-02-2014, 04:57 AM

774 posts, read 2,601,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
My gf is looking into buying a new Toyota Tacoma. Her 1999 Toyota Tacoma has almost 250K miles and she's thinking of replacing it pretty soon. We went to the dealership the other day and did not like the redesigned look of the new pickups. They look very blocky and boxy to us. That seems to be the trend of pickup design now. What do you think? Do you like the look of the 2015 Toyota trucks?

Tell your GF to wait until January. Toyota is currently working on a replacement for the current gen Tacoma as it's been around for about 10 yrs now.

The picture you posted was a hacked together photoshop pic from the internet. I've seen it a hundred times and I guarentee that is not what the new truck will look like.

There is talk that the new truck will be previewed before the end of the year as test mules have already been spotted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion