Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2015, 10:23 PM

7,305 posts, read 28,249,521 times

Advertisements

I have been searching heavily for a new car lately and hope to buy something this week.

I had narrowed down between Accord and Sonata, but I found a '15 Corolla LE with 7 miles on a local Toyota lot on sale for $15,890 that I started to consider. One of the lowest prices I have found on a Corolla. I would pay that for a Corolla, but not more than that. I emailed the dealer, no reply, emailed again, no reply. Finally contacted them via their text and finally a reply, but all of my questions were not answered. I texted back and still have not heard back, even hours later. Makes me wonder if that was a catch or if I have to get some sort of strange financing. Oh well, this whole process has been so frustrating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2015, 02:56 AM

1,320 posts, read 3,705,149 times
If they are basically ignoring you, they probably don't have the car to sell, or there is very little profit in it for them at that price. You probably will have to go to the dealer. That does seem a very good price.

Old 05-04-2015, 07:52 AM

13,717 posts, read 12,466,346 times
They might well have it; bring in the stock number and tell them you want to buy the car. Even if you have some wierd financing, you can pay it off or refinance it later. Usually, that low price is in lieu of a financing offer.

Old 05-16-2015, 10:05 PM

15,948 posts, read 12,309,285 times
Camry SE is tempting me a bit to give up my 15 year old Grand Am finally... if I could find a dealer that would get me down to $19,500 cash or in the $20,500 range with the 0% financing (I could just write a check either way) ... I should hit up the local place in Sioux Falls as they have the exact model with the exact colors I'm eyeballing in stock... no I should just keep my current car until something big goes in it... SE seems to provide a reasonable amount of value for some of the prices people are getting on them. Normally I wouldn't consider new but I don't really switch out my cars that often.

Old 05-16-2015, 10:50 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,365,152 times
Odd for a dealer to be so casual with a potential customer, i'd take it as an omen of things to come if the car you bought from them needs service.
I'd call the dealer and talk to a salesman saying if you can give me that car for that price we can do business,if not have a nice life.

Old 11-23-2015, 05:53 AM

3,954 posts, read 5,097,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennesseestorm View Post
I have been searching heavily for a new car lately and hope to buy something this week.

I had narrowed down between Accord and Sonata, but I found a '15 Corolla LE with 7 miles on a local Toyota lot on sale for $15,890 that I started to consider. One of the lowest prices I have found on a Corolla. I would pay that for a Corolla, but not more than that. I emailed the dealer, no reply, emailed again, no reply. Finally contacted them via their text and finally a reply, but all of my questions were not answered. I texted back and still have not heard back, even hours later. Makes me wonder if that was a catch or if I have to get some sort of strange financing. Oh well, this whole process has been so frustrating.
Did you end up getting the Corolla? I'm considering a 2016 model and would like to get your thoughts on the vehicle.

Old 11-23-2015, 07:58 AM

1,199 posts, read 1,555,688 times
My wife has a 15 Corolla S. We helped my sister-in-law get a brand new 15 Corolla S a few months ago for just a shade over $17k. No sunroof or navigation, but did have the aluminum 17" wheels, touchscreen w/backup camera, and CVT transmission. It was one of those prices that they advertise, but try to get you into something else. When we got there and asked about it, they kept saying "it's probably already gone" and crap like that. I went out onto the lot myself and found it. It's a great car with a little more room than the 13 and older models. You can 4 people comfortably in there, and the trunk space is decent. My wife gets ~36 hwy and ~30 city. The CVT is shiftable, which helps when you're driving around in mountainous areas, but the engine doesn't really have a ton of power for the size of the car. I think it has 130HP or so (which would have been fine for the older, smaller, lighter Corollas), it should probably have 170-180. Still, it's a great car for getting you where you need to go. I'm sure my wife will still have hers in 10 years.

Old 11-23-2015, 08:41 AM

3,954 posts, read 5,097,489 times
My wife wants the Brown Sugar Metallic exterior but I'm adamant about the Ash (grey) interior. For whatever reason that combination seems to be difficult to find here where we live. We're looking for an LE model, BTW.

Old 12-03-2015, 06:28 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,583,293 times
While I was buying my wife a RAV4, I sat in the S Plus and what a big difference between that and my 2010 S. Very nice seats and nice interior. Big step up from mine. They were going for around 21K here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion