Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 07:34 AM

2,406 posts, read 7,887,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyAZ View Post
You need to get your facts straight. First of all, yes the Denali is a more luxurious version of the much-praised Yukon but the Denali has more than just purely visual differences.

The drivetrain on a Denali is exclusive ONLY to both the Yukon Denali and Escalade; it isn't available on the Tahoe or the regular Yukon along with a Vortec 6200 engine again standard on the Denali and Escalade. The Denali also comes STANDARD with a power liftgate, Bose sound system, remote start, leather seats, mesh grille, and 18 inch rims.

I drove both the Denali and the base Yukon and I can tell you that the Denali seems to have a smoother ride and more passing power. I also looked at the Escalade but it didn't seem to be worth $10,000 more than the Denali. The Denali is basically an Escalade without as much chrome or the Cadillac insignia.

And how do you "surely know" that the Corolla has a better ride or more quiet interior than the Yukon? I've been in small cars before and going over even a small bump shakes the heck out of you while as in my Yukon, I can glide over a bump with ease.

I'm not hating on the Corolla here, I think it's a great little car but I'll take my gas-guzzling Yukon Denali any day of the week.
I don't drive a Corolla but I don't drive a Denali either. Yes, I drive a luxury vehicle, but I am a responsible consumer, and would never drive a gas guzzling monster. Not because I can't afford the gas, but because none of us can afford to do that to the environment. Wake up! Stop being selfish with your enormous status symbol of a car while destroying the environment.

In a few years, these gas guzzling monsters will be obsolete. While my luxury vehicle that gets 28 to the gallon will still be cruising along...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2008, 07:43 AM

1,357 posts, read 5,853,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKrabs View Post
Boring to drive? Sorry I don't need to be entertained by driving....its a necessity. There's a radio and CD player in my Corolla if I need entertainment. Life must be pretty boring for you if you need entertainment from your car....
Wow, first of all motoring is a highly popular form of entertainment all over the entire world. It is HUGELY popular. As a matter of fact I almost wonder if it is the single overall MOST popular type of sport entertainment in the world.

"life must be pretty boring..." Not to be too insulting, but I wouldn't imagine that a guy who spends all his behind the wheel time in a corolla or an accord to have even the foggiest idea of how much fun driving and/or motorsports can actually be.

Old 03-05-2008, 07:45 AM

2,940 posts, read 3,946,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faina00 View Post
I don't drive a Corolla but I don't drive a Denali either. Yes, I drive a luxury vehicle, but I am a responsible consumer, and would never drive a gas guzzling monster. Not because I can't afford the gas, but because none of us can afford to do that to the environment. Wake up! Stop being selfish with your enormous status symbol of a car while destroying the environment.

In a few years, these gas guzzling monsters will be obsolete. While my luxury vehicle that gets 28 to the gallon will still be cruising along...
I agree 100%. I hate the high gas prices, but to find the silver lining in a dark cloud is to think of all the people stuck with their gas-guzzling road hogging beasts, that one gas gets closer to 4 bucks a gallon, nobody will want. All of you people driving Yukons and Excursions and Expeditions won't be able to give away those behemoths that you paid an arm and a leg for. They'll be sure to have fun spending $100 on a single tank of gas.

Old 03-05-2008, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo vanilla View Post
Wow, first of all motoring is a highly popular form of entertainment all over the entire world. It is HUGELY popular. As a matter of fact I almost wonder if it is the single overall MOST popular type of sport entertainment in the world.

Actually, soccer (or football in countries other than the US) is the most popular sport in the world.

Old 03-05-2008, 07:50 AM

33,512 posts, read 37,042,545 times
Quote:
Boring to drive? Sorry I don't need to be entertained by driving....its a necessity. There's a radio and CD player in my Corolla if I need entertainment. Life must be pretty boring for you if you need entertainment from your car....
My life boring? Hardly. This is my favorite ride. Not as dependable as a Corolla, but gets over 30 mpg, and believe me it is fun to drive. Restoring older cars is a hobby of mine. Working on them is fun too.

Old 03-05-2008, 08:21 AM

1,357 posts, read 5,853,192 times
Quote:
Actually, soccer (or football in countries other than the US) is the most popular sport in the world.
It would be a very close call between the two. But either way, the majority of the world hardly thinks of cars as boring

Old 03-05-2008, 12:10 PM

3,307 posts, read 9,357,238 times
Quote:
Then what is the best car in its class, then? I might put the Civic right up there with the Corolla in its class, but I can't think of any other car that comes close.

Other cars in the Corolla's class include the Civic, Nissan Sentra, Chevy Cobalt, Ford Focus, Hyundai Elantra, Saturn Ion, Mazda 3, Dodge Neon, etc. Besides the Civic, none of those comes close to the Corolla in quality.
Civic is considered to be Corolla's equal reliability-wise, and is also more fun to drive. I'm not a huge fan of the styling on either though.

Mazda 3 has long been considered the best performing and best looking car in that class, and has good, if not great, reliability.

Personally, I'd drive a Focus or a Cobalt before I'd drive a Corolla also, but that's just me. Corollas bore me to death.

Old 03-05-2008, 12:48 PM

4,472 posts, read 17,658,188 times
Quote:
In a few years, these gas guzzling monsters will be obsolete.
I highly, highly doubt that.

Quote:
I agree 100%. I hate the high gas prices, but to find the silver lining in a dark cloud is to think of all the people stuck with their gas-guzzling road hogging beasts, that one gas gets closer to 4 bucks a gallon, nobody will want. All of you people driving Yukons and Excursions and Expeditions won't be able to give away those behemoths that you paid an arm and a leg for. They'll be sure to have fun spending $100 on a single tank of gas.
People said that when gas went from $2 to $2.50 that NOBODY will want to buy an SUV. They also said it when gas went from $2.50 to $3 and will keep saying it. But guess what, there IS still a market for large SUV's especially since the quality is improving more and more each year.

Old 03-05-2008, 01:16 PM

4,948 posts, read 18,658,255 times
Default honda girl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flburgos View Post
i've owned corolla's for a number of years and i can tell you it's the best car in the world.i'm also in the car business so i get to observe all types of cars and for the money,reliability,fuel economy,the corolla is the best.
to quote, you are so right, I some how, got into the Honda crv, civic prelude, long gone! what works, is the best!

Old 03-05-2008, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyAZ View Post
I highly, highly doubt that.

People said that when gas went from $2 to $2.50 that NOBODY will want to buy an SUV. They also said it when gas went from $2.50 to $3 and will keep saying it. But guess what, there IS still a market for large SUV's especially since the quality is improving more and more each year.

The demand for large SUV's is slipping though. People are ditching the beasts and I now see more smaller SUV's on the road like the CR-V, Rav4, Forester, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion