Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2020, 11:15 PM

5,717 posts, read 18,909,338 times

Advertisements

The XLE has the Softex for the seats. If you want leather, you have to move up to the top 2 models. My youngest girl just unloaded her 2017 4 Runner Limited back to her Toyota dealer. Now that vehicle was dangerous and she should have sued them over it but it's gone and with good riddance. The Highlander is a much better vehicle from the tires to the paint on top. Unfortunately she was taught by her father to be independent. She got her Highlander in the Silver color. Now that she owns a car in that color, NOW she understands when dad calls it camo asphalt. People do not see the vehicle in the early AM or at sundown- it blends in with the road. Learned that on a Turbo Supra I had years back. She likes hers a lot and understands that not every model car made by any particular brand is a good car. I doubt she'll ride in a 4 Runner again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2020, 08:26 AM

18,949 posts, read 43,571,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liledgy View Post
My 07 es350 leather interior is perfect (138k), my sons 06 is250 leather is near perfect with 206k on it, just a small area on drivers side seat back has a small area that is whiteish, no tears, rips or dry rotting. These are lexuses but still a Toyota product.
I'd have to see it for myself to believe it. Older used cars with leather seats just look nasty to me. I don't like those little creases and lines in the leather that look like a worn out old jacket.

Old 01-05-2020, 09:28 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,537,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperL View Post
The XLE has the Softex for the seats. If you want leather, you have to move up to the top 2 models. My youngest girl just unloaded her 2017 4 Runner Limited back to her Toyota dealer. Now that vehicle was dangerous and she should have sued them over it but it's gone and with good riddance. The Highlander is a much better vehicle from the tires to the paint on top. Unfortunately she was taught by her father to be independent. She got her Highlander in the Silver color. Now that she owns a car in that color, NOW she understands when dad calls it camo asphalt. People do not see the vehicle in the early AM or at sundown- it blends in with the road. Learned that on a Turbo Supra I had years back. She likes hers a lot and understands that not every model car made by any particular brand is a good car. I doubt she'll ride in a 4 Runner again.
How was the 4runner "dangerous"? My brother in law had a limited that was totaled in a bad accident and he came out of it in pretty good shape considering that damage done. He bought another one. That's how much he liked it.

Old 01-06-2020, 05:51 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,622,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liledgy View Post
My 07 es350 leather interior is perfect (138k), my sons 06 is250 leather is near perfect with 206k on it, just a small area on drivers side seat back has a small area that is whiteish, no tears, rips or dry rotting. These are lexuses but still a Toyota product.
I think Lexus uses a higher quality leather. I had a newer Avalon with leather. The passenger seats bolster was all wrinkled up. They had to replace the seat bottom under warranty. Never heard of a Lexus owner having such problems. Even their Nu Luxe is quality. Can’t beat a Lexus.

Old 01-06-2020, 05:54 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,622,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperL View Post
Silver cars do get invisible on gray days too. Just make sure you don’t turn your running lights off. Safety first.

Old 01-07-2020, 08:25 AM

997 posts, read 849,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by volosong View Post
Does the Highlander have real leather or is it the Toyota SofTex material?

My 2015 RAV4 Limited had SofTex and after 90,000 miles, it was perfect, same as new. My 2018 RAV4 Adventure has cloth seats and I don't like them nearly as much as the Limited seats. The SofTex never got dirty, the cloth seats soil quite easily. Takes a lot more time to keep clean.
My highlander says leather interior. Before we stepped up to the highlander, we were going to buy a rav4 hybrid, there description was leather tec. When I asked the salesmen what that means he said the rav4 has synthetic fabric to emulate leather. The fabric was defiantly different than what was in the highlander, not saying any better.

Old 01-08-2020, 11:56 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,683,966 times
You can get Highlander LE with leather as an option. Most dealers just upsale you to XLE because it comes with the upgraded climate controls, sound system etc.

I personally think that its a waste. The resale value for LE and XLE is not much after 10 years. You may get $1-2k more with XLE than LE.

Old 01-08-2020, 02:37 PM

3,444 posts, read 2,814,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
You can get Highlander LE with leather as an option. Most dealers just upsale you to XLE because it comes with the upgraded climate controls, sound system etc.

I personally think that its a waste. The resale value for LE and XLE is not much after 10 years. You may get $1-2k more with XLE than LE.
It depends on what you want. An LE doesn't have the power liftgate, heated seats, sun/moon roof, keyless start/doors, leather interior plus premium sound system. All of those added items add up to more than $1-2K more on resale. I've owned XLEs, LEs and LE Pluses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion