Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2020, 07:57 PM

570 posts, read 1,285,851 times

Advertisements

Enterprise Rent a Car NOT Enterprise Alabama.

They used to always have them for sale. Now there is not one on their website??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2020, 08:06 PM

1,976 posts, read 6,852,517 times
I haven't checked, but when I was looking for a RAV4, Hertz pricing was better than Enterprise. This is in southern CA.

Either way, there are plenty of used Corolla's for sale. I prefer to buy the newer cars as CPO's from the dealer, even if they were ex-rentals.

Old 03-01-2020, 02:25 PM

2,762 posts, read 3,184,182 times
I notice Carmax sells a lot of prior rentals. Maybe Carmax has a deal with the rental companies and is getting them.

Old 03-01-2020, 07:44 PM

3,607 posts, read 7,915,344 times
My impression is that the fleets contain whatever vehicles the rental company can get a good price on. It may be that Enterprise is not buying Corollas these days, and therefore have none to sell.

By the way, note that your rental choices always say "XXX or similar" where XXX is usually more desirable than what you usually end up with.

Old 03-01-2020, 08:26 PM

3,644 posts, read 8,575,847 times
Why anyone would purchase a former rental car is beyond me. Personally, back in my prime days, the first thing I would do after leaving the rental car lot is rip out the air box and throw it in the trash. Then it was neutral drop time. I still know a lot of people who rent a car just for the pure enjoyment of abusing the things.

Old 03-01-2020, 08:28 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,823,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by underPSI View Post
Why anyone would purchase a former rental car is beyond me. Personally, back in my prime days, the first thing I would do after leaving the rental car lot is rip out the air box and throw it in the trash. Then it was neutral drop time. I still know a lot of people who rent a car just for the pure enjoyment of abusing the things.
What is the "air box"?

Old 03-01-2020, 09:13 PM

1,976 posts, read 6,852,517 times
Quote:

You are in the minority. Most people rent cars for normal use, are scarred to be hit by extra fees and drive it like most other cars.

With that mindset, you only have to buy new cars, because lease returns are subject to the same stereotype. That only leaves the trade-ins and private sales, and you can always worry that they are dumping a problem child.

Old 03-01-2020, 09:21 PM

3,759 posts, read 5,853,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00molavi View Post
You are in the minority. Most people rent cars for normal use, are scarred to be hit by extra fees and drive it like most other cars.

With that mindset, you only have to buy new cars, because lease returns are subject to the same stereotype. That only leaves the trade-ins and private sales, and you can always worry that they are dumping a problem child.
That is the way I drive rent cars. The last thing I want is for them to stick me with some charge for abusing the car. I drive it like my own with exception of not dodging pot holes as much. LOL

Old 03-02-2020, 12:46 PM

1,380 posts, read 1,448,196 times
Quote:

You need medication.

Old 03-04-2020, 07:53 AM

22,319 posts, read 29,400,492 times
Quote:
I'm sorry but that is not normal behavior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion