U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 11:55 AM

2,078 posts, read 6,180,752 times

Advertisements

April 2009 is the start of sales! Not much change of the exterior, but Toyota focused more on the Hybrid technology.

Motor Authority » Spy shots: 2010 Toyota Prius
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2008, 12:53 PM

3,743 posts, read 12,369,134 times
I think I'd wait for the new Honda Insight personally.

Old 09-08-2008, 01:06 PM

2 posts, read 11,012 times
Default new is expensive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayantsi View Post
I think I'd wait for the new Honda Insight personally.
Personally I wouldnt waste my money on a new car. That $400 payment a month, plus higher insurance is not worth the extra gas milage you'll get,..

I say stick with what you got, or go buy a used Honda Civic or Toyota Corrola, cheaper cost, easier to work on[I'm a mechanic at a Toyota/chevy dealer], 30-40mpgs,... Plus it doesnt look anywhere near as ugly as the Prius

I own 2 Jeep[17mpg , both paid off] and a Motorcycle[Ducati 996 45mpgs] and its still cheaper than buying a new car. Plus the 4wd is great in the winter cause of the snow I get.

Old 09-08-2008, 06:37 PM

630 posts, read 1,158,811 times
thanks but no thanks, ill keep my truck and drive less....its cheaper!

Old 09-10-2008, 08:29 AM

3,144 posts, read 7,918,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okie333 View Post
thanks but no thanks, ill keep my truck and drive less....its cheaper!
I know right? Some people fork over tons of money for these cars and never see the savings for a dozen years! Not to mention you have to sacrifice the utility and comfort of a "gas-guzzler" for an econobox... NO THANK YOU!!!

Old 09-10-2008, 09:31 AM

8,357 posts, read 28,737,509 times
Looks funky like the current ones. These are midsize cars and ride/handle better than a jiggly truck. (They are no cushy SUV though.) And if you find an '08 with 8-10k miles on it, you can get one for $20k. Nowadays that price is not unreasonable at all if you're in the market to replace your old car. We're sorta looking at getting one for the wife in a few years, but the styling still has a little too much flair. Hybrids are great for stay-at-home moms who just putt around town, which is where they get their best gas mileage. We'd hope to keep the next car for 10 years and Toyota scores A+ for general reliability. The crossover SUV styling is a plus, though. Decisions, decisions.....

Old 09-10-2008, 11:24 AM

2,078 posts, read 6,180,752 times
Here's a rendering of the new Prius. Remember it's just a rendering.

Motor Authority » Preview: New rendering of 2010 Toyota Prius

Old 09-11-2008, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTraik View Post
I know right? Some people fork over tons of money for these cars and never see the savings for a dozen years! Not to mention you have to sacrifice the utility and comfort of a "gas-guzzler" for an econobox... NO THANK YOU!!!
yes and my big thing is the safety you have in a truck is better than in a Prius. I live out here on the Left Coast and the prius rates horribly in a crash test. That and at 40k + the prius is for the rich only.

Old 09-11-2008, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstone View Post
Looks funky like the current ones. These are midsize cars and ride/handle better than a jiggly truck. (They are no cushy SUV though.) And if you find an '08 with 8-10k miles on it, you can get one for $20k. Nowadays that price is not unreasonable at all if you're in the market to replace your old car. We're sorta looking at getting one for the wife in a few years, but the styling still has a little too much flair. Hybrids are great for stay-at-home moms who just putt around town, which is where they get their best gas mileage. We'd hope to keep the next car for 10 years and Toyota scores A+ for general reliability. The crossover SUV styling is a plus, though. Decisions, decisions.....
haha im not arguing with you on that. the prius is comfortable. I never said i drove a comfy suv. lol ya i wish. If you call 1970 fj40 a cushy suv, you are mistaken by a long shot. haaaaaa. my truck by the way gets 23mpg and i still probably average way less gas per year than the average prius owner. i am not dogging the prius , just speaking some common sense about the fellow american who cannot buy a new car right now. I am a college student so that is all i can do with. And I am certainly not complaining. I love to be able to plan a trip up to the mountains with friends and see this Beautiful california country and not worry about getting stuck anywhere.

Old 09-14-2008, 12:12 PM

32,869 posts, read 18,949,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brikag View Post
Here's a rendering of the new Prius. Remember it's just a rendering.

Motor Authority » Preview: New rendering of 2010 Toyota Prius
God, they look like twins separated at birth!

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff275/redbird4848/2010_Toyota_Prius_rendering_main510.jpg (broken link)

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff275/redbird4848/HondaInsight2010.jpg (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion