Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 07:45 PM

3,511 posts, read 5,307,005 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennesseestorm View Post
Here is a prime example (and typical around here)... here is a local 2005 Tacoma... this truck is 5 years old, has 70K miles and he is asking $19,000....

Looks like the pic was taken back in the winter....

2005 TOYOYA TACOMA TRD 4X4 (http://tricities.craigslist.org/cto/1978904264.html - broken link)
For $19,000 you could get a decent 3/4 or 1 ton Big three with a diesel that is less than 10 years old! lol Talk about overrated and I WOULD NEVER PAY $19,000 for a used with 70K miles half truck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2010, 07:56 PM

1,392 posts, read 2,860,270 times
I payed 20,000 out the door for my new 08 Tundra dblcb (fairly well loaded) and could get close to that 2 years later. It's nice to have the option to be able to trade up to a new truck in 5 years(without taking a beating) or to run it for 10/15 years with no problems and still get good money for it. BASH AWAY GREASE

Old 09-28-2010, 08:01 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
I thnik he is talking MSRP. But all truck companies sell work trucks and have for years.Peoipole most want trucks as all arounf transporation now days with little going to the work part which is what drives the main market now days.But many of the so called work trucks are really lgiuht duty meant to provide light duty work also.

Old 09-28-2010, 08:05 PM

1,900 posts, read 5,906,480 times
For $19K you can buy a new truck.

Old 09-28-2010, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waitingtundra View Post
I payed 20,000 out the door for my new 08 Tundra dblcb (fairly well loaded) and could get close to that 2 years later. It's nice to have the option to be able to trade up to a new truck in 5 years(without taking a beating) or to run it for 10/15 years with no problems and still get good money for it. BASH AWAY GREASE
Hey, at least you bought a V-8 and full size. Not some 4' bed, in crowd wanna be truck.

Old 09-28-2010, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axle grease View Post
Hey, at least you bought a V-8 and full size. Not some 4' bed, in crowd wanna be truck.
Nat exactly AXLE, because my DD is a beat uo 03 4cyl frontier. It's cramped, uncomfortable, no power,ugly, and I beat the he!! out of it every day(drive across New Orleans), to a oil refinery, and get off work preety dirty, so the interior is filthy dirty and it kinda smells like a oil refinery and cigarettes and spilled coffee and work boots and oily sweaty coveralls. Of course the hot New Orleans sun has faded the paint and the sides have been beat up where refinery workers bang in it and the bed is all scratched up from hauling brush and lumber and tools, especialy after our huricanes we've been hit with. The front is smashed from where I hit a rather large dog at 60mph the side is smashed where a semi kinda bumped me off the road one morning(Simi trucks ins co settled for more than I got in the truck)but it get's good gas mileage and the AC will put icebergs on your nose on the hottest humid August New Orleans day thank ya vary much, just another wanabe.My Tundra is for Hurricane evacuations and the wife uses it (lightly)Now I just wish Ford, Dodge, Chevy, nissan, Toyota are anyone would make a bullet proof 1/2 ton diesel truck that gets 30/40mpg with a 300k/400k motor that we all know they could do

Old 09-28-2010, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Nat exactly AXLE, because my DD is a beat uo 03 4cyl frontier. It's cramped, uncomfortable, no power,ugly, and I beat the he!! out of it every day(drive across New Orleans), to a oil refinery, and get off work preety dirty, so the interior is filthy dirty and it kinda smells like a oil refinery and cigarettes and spilled coffee and work boots and oily sweaty coveralls. Of course the hot New Orleans sun has faded the paint and the sides have been beat up where refinery workers bang in it and the bed is all scratched up from hauling brush and lumber and tools, especialy after our huricanes we've been hit with. The front is smashed from where I hit a rather large dog at 60mph the side is smashed where a semi kinda bumped me off the road one morning(Simi trucks ins co settled for more than I got in the truck)but it get's good gas mileage and the AC will put icebergs on your nose on the hottest humid August New Orleans day thank ya vary much, just another wanabe.My Tundra is for Hurricane evacuations and the wife uses it (lightly)Now I just wish Ford, Dodge, Chevy, nissan, Toyota are anyone would make a bullet proof 1/2 ton diesel truck that gets 30/40mpg with a 300k/400k motor that we all know they could do
So you say...... did you put a 4 car pile up to rest with your truck only for everybody to get out and say WTF DID YOU DO TO MY CAR?? lmao Watch out for those class 4/5 hitches ya'll! lol

Old 09-28-2010, 09:11 PM

A sudden paranoia haunted me for a few months after that while stopped at the same red light on my way to work. It was one of those things you saw coming behind you from the rear view mirror but couldn't move! BOOOOOOOOM!!!!!

Old 09-28-2010, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axle grease View Post
So you say...... did you put a 4 car pile up to rest with your truck only for everybody to get out and say WTF DID YOU DO TO MY CAR?? lmao Watch out for those class 4/5 hitches ya'll! lol
Naw when I got out of my little truck I was heading up to the cab to beat the livin fugin he!! out of the driver, then a 69 year old man got out of the cab driving with a suspended CDL. Guess the old man just wanted me off his road, it's all good, my attorney wore a nice 3 piece suit.

Old 09-28-2010, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Naw when I got out of my little truck I was heading up to the cab to beat the livin fugin he!! out of the driver, then a 69 year old man got out of the cab driving with a suspended CDL. Guess the old man just wanted me off his road, it's all good, my attorney wore a nice 3 piece suit.
I feel sorry for the guy who actually ended up eating the class 4/5 hitch. It was a cherry '96 Trans Am and he was on his way to appear in court for his kid. The cop had to give him a paper stating why he was over one hour late. The other two behind him were school teachers and also lost their wheels that day. The kid in the SUV who caused the accident ( plowed straight into the back of all of us while stopped) was doing about 40 MPH and wasn't even driving his own vehicle. It was borrowed from a friend and the insurance company was a bear to deal with. I was the only one who drove away while all the others went off on flatbeds with oil and antifreeze leaking all over the road. Both the tow truck drivers and the cop told all of us if it hadn't been for the shear size, weight and massive front brakes on mine it would have taken out more cars. I ended up getting a new trailer light outlet plug assembly out of the deal because it was tore up and unusable. The bumper was unharmed according to the adjusters even though I tried like hell to get a new one out of disbelief. Nope, you are good! Are you sure? Measure it again! We ain't replacin that bumper! Well damn! lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion