Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 08:37 PM

5,994 posts, read 20,069,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Well, you are frankly the only poster on the thread that is actually even remotely in the target audience for one of these (that I know of). So again, I like hearing your thoughts.

I just know if I won the lottery (MY Z06 is the limit of my budget) I'd be looking at a Ferrari of some type...but that's my personal preference.
I'd probably look into a Ferrari or Lamborghini at that price point as well but I still see a market (however small) for an exotic 550hp V10 Lexus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2009, 06:37 AM

10,090 posts, read 42,405,672 times
Quote:
Well, you are frankly the only poster on the thread that is actually even remotely in the target audience for one of these (that I know of). So again, I like hearing your thoughts.

I just know if I won the lottery (MY Z06 is the limit of my budget) I'd be looking at a Ferrari of some type...but that's my personal preference.
Well....it is probably safe to say, this car would not be for us. We could sell 2 of the current vehicles and buy one of these..and we have been known to do that...but NOT on this particular car. Just does not interest us. We both agree, to us, it looks like a muscled rice burner.
And right now, everyone is at the mercy of the automotive press. One mag a few weeks ago hated it...said it rode like a buck board, shifting sucked and the interior was basic. In Dec. issue of R&T, they praise it....but in the end...none of it matters. to us...Neither one of us like the looks, so it would never even be considered. And the name Lexus doesn't do anything for us either. Being able to own one of 500? Doesn't interest us...it is not why we buy any particular car. For us, it has to be a combo of looks and performance. And then there is the $ factor too!

Old 11-03-2009, 03:37 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,858,565 times
Thought of this thread after seeing a commercial last night.

It was a Buick commercial that they were comparing the Buick to the Lexus ES. Showing how much more "refined" and "luxury" the Buick was compared to the Lexus. I then thought............. how many people on the way to the Ferrari dealer are going to stop and cross shop a Buick. LOL!!!! I mean really if we are going to put the Lexus lineup on the same page as a Buick.......... how can you put a Lexus on the same page as a Ferrari..........

Buick = Lexus = Ferrari/Lambo/other exotic

Old 11-03-2009, 08:35 PM

5,994 posts, read 20,069,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post

It was a Buick commercial that they were comparing the Buick to the Lexus ES. Showing how much more "refined" and "luxury" the Buick was compared to the Lexus. I then thought............. how many people on the way to the Ferrari dealer are going to stop and cross shop a Buick. LOL!!!! I mean really if we are going to put the Lexus lineup on the same page as a Buick.......... how can you put a Lexus on the same page as a Ferrari..........

They wouldn't, but then Buick products only compete with the Lexus low end. Buick can't touch the GS or LS products nor do they have a 550hp super car.

Old 11-03-2009, 09:07 PM

5,007 posts, read 15,416,797 times
Quote:

My favorite are the current ads that compare the Chevy Malibu to the BMW 5-series.

Old 11-04-2009, 05:11 AM

3,046 posts, read 6,285,627 times
Quote:

If i won the lottery, I'm buying that property to build my personal dragstrip on so I can start everyday off with a pass in my own NHRA or IHRA Pro Stock ride!

Old 11-04-2009, 12:06 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,301,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12GO View Post
If i won the lottery, I'm buying that property to build my personal dragstrip on so I can start everyday off with a pass in my own NHRA or IHRA Pro Stock ride!
LOL you would be broke in very a short time if you did that with the hiring of track prep crews and all maintanice people you would need to hire .. If I won I would get into SCCA club racing

Old 11-04-2009, 04:43 PM

10,090 posts, read 42,405,672 times
Wonder what kind of mats it has and if they have been re-called?

Old 11-04-2009, 05:47 PM

13,714 posts, read 31,159,468 times
Quote:

My aren't you an elitist?

Not long ago no one would ever cross shop a Hyundai and Toyota. Now they do. When Lexus first appeared no one thought it could compete with Mercedes. But Lexus is as respected as M-B except in the AMG class cars.

A sports car built with Lexus quality and reliability has a chance if it has performance in the Ferrari league. Ferraris still spend most of their life in a garage. A Lexus is far more likely to be driven frequently.

I think it is audacious for Lexus to price this car at $375K. But maybe after it is out it will earn it?

Old 11-05-2009, 08:51 AM

3,855 posts, read 13,263,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getmeoutofhere View Post
My favorite are the current ads that compare the Chevy Malibu to the BMW 5-series.
Really? The 5 series?

I've heard people compare the G8 to BMW 5-series but haven't heard the one about the Malibu....not really even in the same bracket of car.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion