Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2009, 10:24 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,858,565 times

Advertisements

It is under investigation to see if the car is at fault. This happened the other day, Saturday, Dec. 26th here close to me.

Four dead after car plunges into Southlake pond | wfaa.com | Local News

The car, a 2008 Toyota Avalon was traveling on a road that the speed limit is 35 mph. They came to a "T" in the road where they had to stop and then turn right or left. The car never slowed down and went straight. It then crashed thru a metal pipe fence, hit a tree, flipped and ended up about 30+ yards from the road upside down in a 6' deep pond on someones property. The owners of the property rushed over and were able to pull one person out. Police arrived within minutes as well as a dive team to get the other 3 occupants out. All 3 ended up passing away.

What do you think?
Do you drive a Toyota?
Know someone that does?
How do you feel about riding or driving one now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2009, 10:42 AM

2,497 posts, read 7,474,533 times
As opposed to all the Chevrolets, Hondas, Fords, Chhrysler that people die in everyday?

Old 12-28-2009, 10:59 AM

7,284 posts, read 16,675,136 times
"It could be anything from a vehicle malfunction to a driver's error; we don't know," said Southlake police spokesman Officer Roderick Page.

Here is what I think: According to police spokesman Officer Roderick Page, we don't know the cause.

I don't own any, but I ride in several Toyota and Lexus models owned by family members, including the model in this accident. I don't feel any different about riding in them.

Old 12-28-2009, 11:25 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
I see no reason to believe its any different than other wrecks of this type with other makes.Sounds like someone has a agenda to me against toyota.Spin on vehicle wrecks is stupid IMO.

Old 12-28-2009, 11:40 AM

1,763 posts, read 7,332,123 times
We own one. If there is a problem with Toyota drive-by-wire throttle systems, they will be found and fixed. If the rumors of problems with the system are confirmed, Toyota will handle it. FWIW, if their drive-by-wire throttle system was really hosed, I think there'd be more than a few reports, sensational though they may be.

Old 12-28-2009, 11:45 AM

5,994 posts, read 20,069,075 times
Maybe there was a puddle of slick oil on the road? Maybe it was aliens? Maybe the driver was under the influence of drugs? Maybe it was a group suicide? Maybe........

Old 12-28-2009, 11:45 AM

11,155 posts, read 29,301,920 times
until the full sotry comes out it could be the driver was diabetic or had a seizure anything could of happend since even the investigators don't know the real cause yet it's hard to say what the cuase was.

Old 12-28-2009, 12:02 PM

1,004 posts, read 2,703,164 times
Default Dream On Rust Belt Die Hards!

All you Rust Belt die hards can dream on. Sorry to say, but these little stories are not going to hurt Toyota. The damage has been done to GM, Ford and Chrysler, and they will continue to die a slow agonizing death.

Old 12-28-2009, 12:10 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,858,565 times
No agenda at all on my end. Just curious how those that drive/own one feel. Seriously. All vehicle makes have their issues. I know that. Just thought maybe this particular story would help open up a discussion concerning the issues that seem to be going on with them.

If you do own one have you taken it in for it to be checked out to make sure all is well? Or are you going to wait until you get a notification in the mail from Toyota?

Sad story though for it being the day after Christmas. There have been a lot of senseless deaths in the area lately right here at Christmas. Even two young children lost their lives this weekend, 2 & 3 years old while playing on a battery operated ATV when they went into a creek. No one was watching them. Sad.

Old 12-28-2009, 01:19 PM

2,497 posts, read 7,474,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1979 View Post
All you Rust Belt die hards can dream on. Sorry to say, but these little stories are not going to hurt Toyota. The damage has been done to GM, Ford and Chrysler, and they will continue to die a slow agonizing death.
Hahahaha!!!!! I live in the rust belt...but am by far NOT a die hard! I'll take my rice burning Honda anyday!. I don't agree that it's a rust belt thing though many of my friends in California are die hard Chevy guys. No matter what the cause of this accident it's still always sad when life is lost.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion