Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2010, 03:03 AM

1,873 posts, read 4,408,674 times

Advertisements

And also... the 4-Runner will be carrying a U-Haul trailer with an ez-boy recliner, a queen-size bed (two mattresses), a kitchen table, possibly a TV, and some random boxes. (Can't think of any other heavy furniture at the moment.)
And I'm sure there'll be boxes placed within the 4-Runner itself also.

Assuming the gas is about $2.90 a gallon all the way.

Thanks!

Old 09-05-2010, 03:07 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,124,502 times
fueleconomy.gov has all the fuel-related answers you need.

Old 09-05-2010, 03:40 AM

Sweet. Thanks!

Old 09-05-2010, 03:48 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,138,905 times
Just in case you're still peaking at my posts... Too many variables to provide an accurate answer.

Presuming this is your vehicle, you should already have a sense of what sort of highway mileage it gets. Revise downward from there for the extra weight, extra aerodynamic drag of the trailer, etc. I'd estimate about a 30-35% drop from your normal mileage. So the basic math would be: 1200 divided by the usual highway mileage, times .65 to .7, times $2.90. Assuming a base of 20mpg and adjusting from there, that would work out to about $113 to $120 in gas. If this is not your vehicle, just use the EPA highway estimate as your base mpg and apply the multipliers.

Old 09-05-2010, 04:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Just in case you're still peaking at my posts... Too many variables to provide an accurate answer.

Presuming this is your vehicle, you should already have a sense of what sort of highway mileage it gets. Revise downward from there for the extra weight, extra aerodynamic drag of the trailer, etc. I'd estimate about a 30-35% drop from your normal mileage. So the basic math would be: 1200 divided by the usual highway mileage, times .65 to .7, times $2.90. Assuming a base of 20mpg and adjusting from there, that would work out to about $113 to $120 in gas. If this is not your vehicle, just use the EPA highway estimate as your base mpg and apply the multipliers.
I may as well take you off iggy since you're in such dire need of my attention everyday.
I shouldn't have even told you I had you on it. Males have the most fragile egos in the world, I should know that by now...

Old 09-05-2010, 04:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesconsinite View Post
I may as well take you off iggy since you're in such dire need of my attention everyday.
Lady, I don't care if you ever pay attention to me again in your miserable life. That's how little you and your attention mean to me. You need some anger management courses or something. You asked a question, I answered it earnestly, and you're still a snotty little shrew about it because you can't let go of a little tiff that happened, weeks ago, on an internet forum of all places. Grow up and get over it already.

Either put me on ignore or don't, because I won't lose any sleep either way. Personally, I'd suggest the former -- and actually stick to it -- since your mental health seems to depend on it.

Old 09-05-2010, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Lady, I don't care if you ever pay attention to me again in your life. That's how little you and your attention mean to me.
Could've fooled us (me and the WI forum)....

Quote:
You need some anger management courses or something.
No, I just really don't care for you at all.

Quote:
You asked a question, I answered it earnestly and you're still a snotty little shrew about it because you can't let go of a little tiff that happened weeks ago. Grow up and get over it already.
*Takes your advice, and then kicks you to the curb.*
Actually, you treated me rudely, now you've helped me.
Okay, that's not an apology, but we'll call it even.

Quote:
Either put me on ignore or don't, because I won't lose any sleep either way.
Apparently you have.... you keep bringing it up and following me around.

Quote:
Personally, I'd suggest the former -- and actually stick to it -- since your mental health seems to depend on it.
Wow, pot meet kettle...

Old 09-05-2010, 04:37 AM

Now you're having paranoid delusions. I didn't follow you anywhere. I had over 3,000 posts in the automotive forum before your thread ever showed up here. I've been here for years.

Again, get over yourself.

Old 09-05-2010, 04:38 AM

I could make my profile public again (which I've made private because you're a little off) and everyone could look at my posting history and clearly see where you've been posting after me several times (first, in the state forum where we 'met' and NOW in unrelated forums as well), each time bringing up the ignore thing, because you can't stand it.
Again, pot meet kettle. Get over yourself.

David Spade voice: Buh-bye.

Old 09-05-2010, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesconsinite View Post
I could make my profile public again (which I've made private because you're a little off) and everyone could look at my posting history and clearly see where you've been posting after me several times (first, in the state forum where we 'met' and NOW in unrelated forums as well), each time bringing up the ignore thing, because you can't stand it.
Again, pot meet kettle. Get over yourself.

David Spade voice: Buh-bye.
More paranoid delusions. We've run into each other in two places: the Wisconsin forum, and now here. And I'd been posting regularly in both forums years before you ever even got an account here. I haven't followed you anywhere.

As for the "buh-bye" bit: mean it this time. For your own good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.