Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2010, 02:13 PM

867 posts, read 2,139,610 times

Advertisements

Oh goodness again? When will this end?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2010, 02:16 PM

867 posts, read 2,139,610 times
lol

Old 01-30-2010, 04:32 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,547,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_TN View Post
We may disagree, but I respect you for not resorting to name calling and childish behavior as exhibited by some of the other individuals here.
Like yourself?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_TN View Post
So you sir, are both WRONG and RUDE. Go get a room with that other idiot on here who refuses to speak civilly.

Old 01-30-2010, 04:35 PM

10,926 posts, read 21,992,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux Hauler View Post
Ford and GM make very high quality vehicles. I can't say as much for Chrysler.
Matter of opinion, no way in hell you'd find a chevy in my driveway, had chrysler for the last 25 years.

Old 01-30-2010, 04:41 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,626,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Like yourself?
Rules don't apply when you are defending yourself. You obviously had to purposefully search for this in your lame quest to intentionally start a fight. You aren't getting a fight from me. Let it go! Have a nice life.

Old 01-30-2010, 05:04 PM

122 posts, read 372,612 times
All of the Major Car makers have had major recalls. My 2001 Ford Supercrew had the the cruise control switch that could catch fire, even when the vehicle was sitting without running. Also the fuel tank return pipe that could be flamable. My '99 GMC truck had COUNTLESS recalls and "service calls (quiet recalls) that were never fixed. I was a "DIEHARD" GM owner from childhood. We always had a GM car. Mostly Chevy wagons, then Pontiacs and Olds. There were always some kind of problems or issues with them, even being new.
The '99 GMC was the biggest POS I had ever purchased from GM. I fought the big fight to get GM to make this truck "right", they would not fix this thing. I traded it for a Ford Supercrew. Nice truck!! Then it had recalls too. I also had an automatic VW Rabbit in the early 80's that had the "Audi/VW unintended acceleration" It happened to me, once. Did the shift to nuetral and avoided an accident. (common sense)
I currently own a 2004 Tundra that has an electronic accelerator, not affected by the current issue.
I will still consider a Toyota for my future vehicles. Even the best vehicles expierence a glitch in their strive for perfection. Toyota will make it right without a fight.

Old 01-30-2010, 05:41 PM

3,306 posts, read 12,220,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHDave View Post
Matter of opinion...
And substantial statistical studies...

Old 01-30-2010, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jksa09 View Post
All of the Major Car makers have had major recalls. My 2001 Ford Supercrew had the the cruise control switch that could catch fire, even when the vehicle was sitting without running. Also the fuel tank return pipe that could be flamable. My '99 GMC truck had COUNTLESS recalls and "service calls (quiet recalls) that were never fixed. I was a "DIEHARD" GM owner from childhood. We always had a GM car. Mostly Chevy wagons, then Pontiacs and Olds. There were always some kind of problems or issues with them, even being new.
The '99 GMC was the biggest POS I had ever purchased from GM. I fought the big fight to get GM to make this truck "right", they would not fix this thing. I traded it for a Ford Supercrew. Nice truck!! Then it had recalls too. I also had an automatic VW Rabbit in the early 80's that had the "Audi/VW unintended acceleration" It happened to me, once. Did the shift to nuetral and avoided an accident. (common sense)
I currently own a 2004 Tundra that has an electronic accelerator, not affected by the current issue.
I will still consider a Toyota for my future vehicles. Even the best vehicles expierence a glitch in their strive for perfection. Toyota will make it right without a fight.
I would call sudden acceleration more than a "glitch". Toyota was made to stop selling the affected vehicles. I also think that Toyota has no idea what is really wrong and is using the accelerator pedal excuse just like it did the floormat excuse. Of course there is no proof of this, just a feeling shared by many of us. With all due respect, I wouldn't call that "making it right without a fight."

Old 01-30-2010, 05:47 PM

15,143 posts, read 27,776,049 times
Instead of all the slinging, do any of you have any reasonable thoughts on what someone should do w/a 3 mo. old 2010 Corolla that IS your car?

Old 01-30-2010, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
Instead of all the slinging, do any of you have any reasonable thoughts on what someone should do w/a 3 mo. old 2010 Corolla that IS your car?
That is a very difficult question to answer. It would come down to my personal financial situation. If I could afford it, I would get rid of it ASAP. If I couldn't afford to do that, then I guess I'd just be stuck at the mercy of Toyota and be praying for my safety while driving it.

P.S. I am done slinging and advised the antagonist to stop such efforts. Thank God for the "BLOCK" feature.

Last edited by Steve_TN; 01-30-2010 at 06:27 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion