U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 01:39 AM

29,007 posts, read 50,153,143 times

Advertisements

Owners of Toyota cars suspected of having faulty accelerator pedals will have to take their vehicle to the nearest Toyota centre for repairs rather than be given a refund, the company indicated yesterday.

Faulty Toyota owners must have cars repaired rather than be refunded
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2010, 05:19 AM

2,698 posts, read 10,703,361 times
well, duh. why would they? the only time i have ever heard of a manufacturer offering to buy a car back due to a fault would be when Toyota bough back all those Tacomas with the frame issue. and THAT was only YEARS after the trucks had depreciated so bad that the cost to repair/replace what was wrong cost morth than the vehicle was worth.

Mike

Old 02-01-2010, 10:24 AM

20,870 posts, read 19,864,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboyslo View Post
well, duh. why would they? the only time i have ever heard of a manufacturer offering to buy a car back due to a fault would be when Toyota bough back all those Tacomas with the frame issue. and THAT was only YEARS after the trucks had depreciated so bad that the cost to repair/replace what was wrong cost morth than the vehicle was worth.

Mike
Exactly, no manu. would ever buy back vehicles because of a recall.

Old 02-01-2010, 10:38 AM

3,528 posts, read 7,675,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboyslo View Post

Mike

I agree, Mike!

Old 02-01-2010, 10:49 AM

3,219 posts, read 6,021,415 times
Sarcastic switch on:

Now wait a minute! Toyota's are supposed to be perfect coming off the assembly line and perfect forever so that means they are rejects and the total purchase price should be refunded for such inferior merchandise not worthy of the Toyota logo.

Sarcastic switch off.

You may now go back to your normal thread "programming".

Old 02-01-2010, 11:25 AM

9,803 posts, read 14,366,997 times
Miy Camry is perfect !

( and my accelerator has given me no problem )

Old 02-01-2010, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
miy camry is perfect !

( and my accelerator has given me no problem )

yet

Old 02-01-2010, 11:34 AM

48,508 posts, read 88,593,200 times
The thing is they have ahndled this like no other manufacturer. Ever hear of teh big 3 stoppign all sales of saftey hazard vehicles. it will set a new standard and toyota is saying the fix will satrt next week. I remmeber getting a letter that I had to take my vehicle for the fire hazrd after owners sued and frod settled and did recall has part of the settlement.I;ll stilltake a toyota any day over the big 3 vehciles I bought for years while my wife toyota just was perfect as was her honda before it.Toyota envy here is what I see.

Old 02-01-2010, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
The thing is they have ahndled this like no other manufacturer. Ever hear of teh big 3 stoppign all sales of saftey hazard vehicles. it will set a new standard and toyota is saying the fix will satrt next week. I remmeber getting a letter that I had to take my vehicle for the fire hazrd after owners sued and frod settled and did recall has part of the settlement.I;ll stilltake a toyota any day over the big 3 vehciles I bought for years while my wife toyota just was perfect as was her honda before it.Toyota envy here is what I see.

I wouldn't call it Toyota envy at all. I would call some of us glad that people are finally seeing what we have known about Toyota for awhile; their newer designs are pure junk. We have been saying this for awhile and it just falls on deaf ears. Finally it is being heard. Many of us could easily trade what we have for a Toyota, but knowing what we know keeps us from making such a mistake. That is not envy at all.

Old 02-01-2010, 12:19 PM

10,494 posts, read 24,431,867 times
More or less, I pity the people who buy new Toyota's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion