Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 06:29 PM

139 posts, read 359,850 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
IMO, ALL of the vehicles built today are "dull". Not only dull, but boring.
I can remember way back when, you could get a glimpse of a car and know exactly what it was. These days, you have to get up close and see the badge on most of them.
Of course, there are exceptions, there always are!
You obviousy haven't driven a 2008 and later BMW M3 Coupe? I certainly wouldn't call that a dull or boring car.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2010, 06:20 PM

24,445 posts, read 25,978,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deez Nuttz View Post
The way I understood it to be, back in the 50's and 60's people didn't drive as much as they do now.
I could introduce you to several folks that drove 60K + miles back in the 60's including me.

Old 02-08-2010, 12:58 PM

1,478 posts, read 5,082,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
Most of the people crying and bashing Toyota aren't Toyota owners.

A newspaper recently ran a column-----" E-mail us about your Toyota" ( after they ran an article about the re-call)

There were 18 quick replies from Toyota owners in the area and every one of them were satisfied with their Toyota that was on the re-call list and said they would buy another.

The people who are most upset are non Toyota owners who actually are upset that Toyota owners aren't screaming mad and switching to their brand of car.
My 18-year old brother was driving my parent's Camry and went off the road. Once the tires got off the black-top on an Indiana country road, the car ended up in the ditch and had to get towed out. I believe that if he was driving a car with more feedback from the tires he would have had a better sense of where they were at on the road, and he might not have ended up in a ditch.

I think that's a story that relates to what the OP was talking about.

Old 02-09-2010, 02:59 PM

9,885 posts, read 10,967,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
Which is it - "All of the vehicle built today are dull" or "there are exceptions"??
"These days, you have to get up close and see the badge on most of them.
Of course, there are exceptions, there always are!"

There, does that make it more understandable?

Actually, there are ALWAYS exceptions to ANY generalization!

As in;

Generally speaking, all generalizations can be proven true, including this one!
However;
Generally speaking, all generalizations can be proven false, including this one AND the previous one!

Old 02-09-2010, 03:44 PM

6,367 posts, read 16,866,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastern Roamer View Post
My 18-year old brother was driving my parent's Camry and went off the road. Once the tires got off the black-top on an Indiana country road, the car ended up in the ditch and had to get towed out. I believe that if he was driving a car with more feedback from the tires he would have had a better sense of where they were at on the road, and he might not have ended up in a ditch.

I think that's a story that relates to what the OP was talking about.
Or could it have been at 18 yrs old, your brother didn't have enough experience to keep the car out of the ditch?

Old 02-09-2010, 04:00 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,804,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimme3steps View Post
Or could it have been at 18 yrs old, your brother didn't have enough experience to keep the car out of the ditch?

Or good tires, for that matter.

Old 02-10-2010, 01:02 AM

436 posts, read 907,754 times
They are not honest with their customers, hiding major flaws for years then finally getting called on it, not good. I would rather push my Tahoe than drive a Toyota!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion