Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 11:40 PM

2,685 posts, read 6,421,140 times

Advertisements

I'm glad we all agree that he's a moron, and a pathetic douche bag...

Wow. I can't believe we all agree on the same thing.

It's a good day after all. (So far the thread is going well.)

Old 02-25-2010, 03:52 AM

1,297 posts, read 4,767,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterNY View Post
I'm glad we all agree that he's a moron, and a pathetic douche bag...

Wow. I can't believe we all agree on the same thing.

It's a good day after all. (So far the thread is going well.)
I guess I am an odd ball then cause I like Beck and he is no more a moron than those who call him one. If you don't agree with what he says that does not make him a moron. I agree with less than half what he says.

Old 02-25-2010, 04:02 AM

404 posts, read 1,555,956 times
fine then. i am a moron but he is a bigger one

so he wins the prize

Old 02-25-2010, 04:46 AM

3,040 posts, read 4,998,632 times
Having never seen his show, I don't know if most of that was a joke. However, he does make a good point about the US Government now being a direct competitor. Not that Toyota didn't really drop the ball in this instance, but can one expect the government to be fair and impartial when they have a vested monetary interest in the whole ordeal?

Old 02-25-2010, 05:59 AM

404 posts, read 1,555,956 times
they have no vested monetary interest. its the government. its not in the business of selling cars for profit, or selling cars period. and the government has been "bailing out" the auto industry for years to save jobs and the industry. i'm not saying they should, its just a fact

"hurting" Toyota is not a goal of the US government. Toyota has done a good enough job of that

Beck and his kind just want to see something sinister around every corner, always playing politics, even when the american consumer is put at risk

the government doesn't build cars, no matter how much money it dishes out to the industry. and the only interest it has is to help these companies stay afloat for the good of OUR economy. and its workers

anything else is just hoopla. the industry could go under tomorrow and the government and country will still be here. "we" just think its a good idea to not let that happen

Old 02-25-2010, 07:27 AM

3,040 posts, read 4,998,632 times
Isn't a bailout with expected returns (loan) equivalent to having monetary interest? By your own admission, the government has an interest in seeing the American auto companies stay afloat. So why not use this fiasco as an excuse to bankrupt one of the foreign competitors?

You keep bringing up Beck. I don't care about him or his agenda.

I do not care about Toyota.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion