Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2010, 06:01 AM

633 posts, read 1,950,170 times

Advertisements

Hi I decided to book a vacation for an anniversary to Barbados on 7/16 and was wondering if anyone else here is going?

I have been doing a fair bit of research so I am beginning to get a feel for the island. Luckily we have travel to other islands before and during the off/rainy season. I am concerned with tropical weather and would have gone straight to Aruba but we were there 3 time already. What I have read about Barbados and tropical weather seems favorable but I will pack for showers.

We are on the west side booked at Crystal Cove, so if any one has any input on the resort that would be great.

It only came to me after I booked the trip it is a left-side of the road island but of course it's a British island. My friend has a place in st croix and I have yet to drive there because I am a very reflex type of person and worry about pulling out to the wrong side.

Luckily I read BGI has a good bus and taxi service. But we like to explore "a lot" and planned on getting a car for a couple of days.

So I could continue rambling but I would rather hear from you, any input or advice?

Thanks and here is a video for a mood shift.

YouTube - Woah, I'm going to barbados
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2010, 08:25 PM

710 posts, read 3,391,880 times
Good stuff. There have been a few posts on barbados; they'll probably pop up on a search. We rent a "mini moke" when we go. A bajan temporary license is 20 bucks, and the mokes are a neat way to get around. Bus will be filled with locals and will stop every 5 minutes. Taxi will be a hassle And not wxactly inexpensive if you want to drive to harrison's cave, gun hill, a rum tour, or bathsheba. Dont forget to visit the gap on a friday night

Old 06-19-2010, 07:47 AM

633 posts, read 1,950,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ji603 View Post
Good stuff. There have been a few posts on barbados; they'll probably pop up on a search. We rent a "mini moke" when we go. A bajan temporary license is 20 bucks, and the mokes are a neat way to get around. Bus will be filled with locals and will stop every 5 minutes. Taxi will be a hassle And not wxactly inexpensive if you want to drive to harrison's cave, gun hill, a rum tour, or bathsheba. Dont forget to visit the gap on a friday night

Thank you for your response The moke looks like fun but since it's going to be the rainy season and I don't think it has a roof I will go with a compact. I am planning on 2 different days of showers. Tropical rain/storms can be cool...

Old 02-23-2011, 04:15 PM

32,101 posts, read 34,714,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by new jersey mike View Post
Thank you for your response The moke looks like fun but since it's going to be the rainy season and I don't think it has a roof I will go with a compact. I am planning on 2 different days of showers. Tropical rain/storms can be cool...
It's pretty much always "rainy season" in Barbados. I've never understood why people call the summer the "rainy season," as if it doesn't rain there nearly every day anyway. Just check out the latest 10 day forecast for Bim. They're calling for rain every day this week. The forecast will likely be the same 10 days from now.

10 Day Weather Forecast for Bridgetown, Barbados - weather.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel