Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2013, 11:44 PM

543 posts, read 943,410 times

Advertisements

Alright, I really don't know where to start but I'll try.
I am an East Indian who has been in Canada since 2010. I live in a small town called St. John's in the province of New Foundland and Labrador. Because of my passion of nature and the wilderness I chose this location.
Here I fell in love with a beautiful girl due to our mutual interests. We ride horses along the coast and live so far from mainstream sensibilities that we are clueless in many ways of the modern world.

Now this is back in February this year. She always had a desire to travel to England and I have an aunt there so I decided that we'd visit together. She did not even have a passport do we got that done and over with.
Happily we applied and.......her visa was rejected!

The reason I put such a peculiar title is because visa rejection is something people from my part of the world have to deal with especially while applying to first world nations(Most europe, australia, canada, U.S). A visa success is akin to becoming a father- the joy. It is a gamble.
Do your visas also get rejected? Especially when you are applying to first world countries with shared customs.
Can your visa application to Australia or Canada get rejected? Because I never knew it could happen until it happened so close to home. Why was it rejected?

My other dilemma is that I have a job offer in San Francisco. A job I love in a setting I love(Ocean, Big Sur) but there is no way in hell I am leaving without my woman. And both of us are somewhat timid to reapply the passport with a rejected tick.
In the tourist application form(we are going on a tourist now) there is a box stating if the visa has ever been rejected and I am thinking of just lying that it never has been, but they might find out, could they?

The thing is I can't live without her and at the same time I need to make a living. She is a naive farm girl who has never been out of an island, never been on a plane.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2013, 08:19 AM

1,409 posts, read 2,740,010 times
Sorry, what nationality is your lady? If she's a naive farm girl who's never been off island, that makes her a Canadian. Which means she does not require a visa to visit the U.K. or the U.S. So something here is not right.

On the other hand, if you decided to take a job in San Francisco, you'd probably have to marry her so she could accompany you, and then go through a tedious, but reasonable process for getting a visa to the U.s.

Old 10-27-2013, 08:34 AM

3,379 posts, read 5,534,995 times
Yeah, I don't get it. If she is Canadian how could she have even applied for a visa to the UK? She doeesn't have to. Is she from somewhere else on residency status? Are you Canadian or on residency status?

Old 10-27-2013, 08:43 AM

32,638 posts, read 48,015,234 times
I don't see where he said she was a citizen of Canada. Just because she was in Canada doesn't mean she was there legally.

The whole thing doesn't make any sense. he says he is in Canada and she has never left her island. Then he says she got a passport, then he says she was rejected for a Canadian visa.

I think you are presenting fiction, OP, but the answer to your question is that the whole application process is computerized and the officials know darn good and well that she has applied before and been rejected. If what she was rejected for can be fixed, she can apply again and get accepted.

You can not go to the USA on a tourist visa and work that job you want. Wrong kind of visa. In order to get a tourist visa, you must be able to prove that you will return to your home country within the specified time frame, which you, incidentally, do not intend to do.

Old 10-27-2013, 09:33 AM

34,088 posts, read 82,953,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi85 View Post
and.......her visa was rejected!
This is a travel forum.
For help with immigration issues try that forum.

//www.city-data.com/forum/legal-immigration/

Old 10-28-2013, 09:27 AM

2,982 posts, read 4,099,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
The whole thing doesn't make any sense. he says he is in Canada and she has never left her island. Then he says she got a passport, then he says she was rejected for a Canadian visa.
Exactly. Combined with the "question for white people" thread topic, I suspect trolling and/or race-baiting.

Canadians do not need a visa to visit England (or any county in the EU, for that matter), the United States or Cuba, for that matter. I have travelled extensively throughout the U.S. and have been to both Ireland and Cuba, and was not required to apply for a visa for any of them. If the OP is being truthful, then his little lady has a skeleton in her closet someplace.

Old 10-28-2013, 10:20 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,885,876 times
I saw his post history and I think this is legit, just naïve, misplaced in the wrong forum, and the poster seems to have a penchant for thread title faux pas - see his "Canadian Woman are Huge" thread for another example (to mean that they are taller then him).
I can imagine he's a riot in real life.

Old 10-28-2013, 11:50 AM

4,836 posts, read 12,005,791 times
Pretty confused also. If the woman is from Canada she has no issues. As for us "white people" it usually would be where you have citizenship not what race you are. Citizens of first world countries usually don't have their visas denied because there is a law risk of them trying to immigrate to another country illegally. On the other hand when a Brazilian or Nigerian wants to visit Canada or the U.S. there is a much higher risk of them overstaying their visa.

Old 10-28-2013, 05:52 PM

4,624 posts, read 4,892,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annuvin View Post
Canadians do not need a visa to visit England...
Do Canadians even need a passport to go to England? Being part of the Commonwealth, having the same head of state and all?

I used to know, but that was over a decade ago, and I can't remember

Old 10-28-2013, 06:53 PM

2,982 posts, read 4,099,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio516 View Post
Do Canadians even need a passport to go to England? Being part of the Commonwealth, having the same head of state and all?

I used to know, but that was over a decade ago, and I can't remember
As my original post stated, Canadians do not need a visa to enter any member country of the EU. That would include England.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel