Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 11:59 AM

91 posts, read 168,804 times

Advertisements

In the age of digital cameras you can and often do take more picture than anyone has the attention span to sit through. How many picture of your vacation can you show to a friend?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2010, 12:05 PM

9,317 posts, read 20,993,806 times
Keep the 'show' to 20 mins. with about 20 seconds per pix. Work up a script so you know what you want to say bout each picture/sequence. I'm guessing you are projecting them, or showing them on your TV. The pass the picture around (either physicaly or on a small view display does not work).

Old 09-28-2010, 01:07 PM

5,026 posts, read 15,284,533 times
I put mine on my Facebook. Those that want to see it, can. Those that don't won't open my folder. I let them decide.

Old 09-28-2010, 01:26 PM

2,987 posts, read 5,247,756 times
I just recently posted 85 pictures on a photo website from our vacation, but when I sent it to my friends I said, "make sure to check out the first 10 photos, those are my favorites..." they can decide what to do from there.

Old 09-28-2010, 01:34 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,639,854 times
Obviously, if the person in question is in a photo, or familiar with the scene or people in the photo, it will mean more to that person than it would to someone who doesn't know the people.

I take a picture of my cousins or my cousin's kids, they're not going to mean anything to most of the people I would be showing such photos to. Heck, the two sides of the family don't really know each other or interact much--I'm the person they both have in common. So two unrelated cousins (to each other) aren't going to be too interested in pictures referring to the other cousin. I would prefer it if I could send the photos through Facebook to specific people, instead of posting them openly.

Old 09-28-2010, 02:04 PM

9,519 posts, read 14,736,406 times
Only the three or four best ones.

Old 09-28-2010, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
I would prefer it if I could send the photos through Facebook to specific people, instead of posting them openly.
I choose who gets to see my photos. FB has excellent privacy settings, so people not on your list and even some on your list don't have to see them. I have over 50 high school classmates on my list. We keep in touch, but I don't want them looking at my pictures, statuses, wall, etc., so they are blocked from that. Only a select few get to actually see my albums, mostly family and close friends. That's the best thing about FB, you are in control of who sees what.

Old 09-28-2010, 03:53 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,639,854 times
If I care enough to add them, they should be free to see everything and anything. If I didn't want them to see it, I would not add them.

As per my example, the only person who's going to care about pictures of my cousin's kids are her...and maybe her brother. The cousins on the other side of the family could care less about them...and posting pictures of kids is kind of touchy to me anyhow. But I do know that she herself would love to have those pictures. I posted pictures from the one cousin's wedding. His sisters and cousins may want to see them, but the 80 something (or maybe more) people I went to high school with wouldn't care. The other side of the family wouldn't care. There may be, though, pictures that they WOULD like to see.

Old 09-28-2010, 05:33 PM

Quote:
I would prefer it if I could send the photos through Facebook to specific people, instead of posting them openly.
Quote:
If I care enough to add them, they should be free to see everything and anything. If I didn't want them to see it, I would not add them.
You're the one that said you'd like to send photos to specific people on FB, instead of posting them for everyone to see. I was just telling you there is a way to do that. Now, you're saying that if you care enough to add them, they should see everything. Which is it?

Old 09-28-2010, 07:10 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,928,948 times
Wen I return from travels to exotic places, NOBODY asks anything about where I went. No, there were two exceptions. A Vietnam vet asked me about Vietnam, and a 12-year old kid once worked really hard to ask me a lot of questions.

I think they're too embarrassed to say "Just where IS Africa, anyway?" Furthermore, I never travel with a camera, and I have no pictures at all of anyplace I've ever been.

Sometimes people will have seen XYZ on some travel channel, and will ask me two questions:
1. Did you go to see XYZ?
2. Why not?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel