Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 09:03 PM

13,562 posts, read 21,319,130 times

Advertisements

hey everyone!,I've on a road trip for a month now,I'll be back home in a couple days,then I'll go into more detail and more pics but it's been a wonderful experience in many ways. I started by spending a week in DC visiting dad,then went to Denver,down to Phoenix back cut through Texas back to Nashville now Im in Alabama.I have met some interesting people and seen alot of cool things. But for now I want to share with you some new guitars I picked up,only was`planning on one but somehow more and more just seemed to come out the door with me tehehe!Always been a strat player,wanted one Lespaul,a black one but I tried this Heritage and loved it,got it in Denver.Then in Tucson I tried out this 12 string and well...but then in Austin I found a black one I wanted from the start.....so what was I to do?...lol! anyway,here they are and me,very burnt out from driving in a hotel.When I get home I'll give more details,cheers!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2007, 09:21 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,486,720 times
Another MIA checks in! Hey!

Old 07-02-2007, 01:29 AM

1,394 posts, read 4,163,313 times
Hey Lion King, what did you do to your hair, I thought it was more brown in your last pic. I can't wait to hear about all your travels, I will be soon moving to Colorado the middle of this month, so I hope to read what all you been up to before I move.
Great pic, I hope you had a good time, and now we know what has happened to you, well kind of ???? I guess I was MIA for a while searching for an apartment, but now that is in order so now it is time for the big move. Take care, Yorkie

Old 07-05-2007, 12:20 PM

hi everyone,well here are some pics of some of the places I saw,it was a great experience.My favorite places that I saw were Texas and Tennesse,the only 2 states I would consider living in after Florida.

Seeing the mountains,plains and desert and meeting interesting people is a cherishing thing for me.Interesting that in Texas I was around alot of Mexican people but to my surprise everyone was nice to me and spoke perfect english.My favorite cities I visited are Austin and Nashville,while I really liked Denver and San Antonio also.

Speaking to a few Texans,a few told me they are very unhappy that many Californians are coming there,changing the real estate market to were natives are having a hard time with prices and the views are of certain Californians.

Memphis,Birmingham,Mobile anf Lilltle Rock wre the trashiest cities I visited,mostly ghetto.I am not inpressed with much of the eastern coast either,In my view the Carolina's and Virginia are over hyped,while some nice scenery the people seemed rushed and personally to me the music scene is not right for me.

Biggest surprises were,Houston is a huge area,miles upon miles of urban sprawl,Pensicola is bigger than I thought but real nice and also there are alot more mountains in Arizona and New Mexico then I thought.

Speaking of Arizona,while a coool experience I would'nt want to live there,its so friggin hot,a heat like you feel when you are baking and you open the oven door,but surrounded by it.Driving thru Arizona I saw all these cool dust devils twirling everywhere.

I suggest everyone if you can see some of the country,it will change you and make you feel more alive.

Here is DC and Gettysburg memorial.And also Baltimore

Old 07-05-2007, 12:25 PM

Default Tennessee

here is Tennessee,a beautiful state,A pic of Knoxville,Nashville and in between.Center dam is a great place to see.

Last edited by lionking; 07-05-2007 at 12:56 PM..

Old 07-05-2007, 12:29 PM

Default Kansas and inbetween

I used a ferry to cross the Mississippi river because I have a phobia of big bridges.Alot of farm land in Missouri and Kansas,though some mountains also.

Old 07-05-2007, 12:31 PM

Default Colorado and Denver

seeing mountains was new to me,and driving in them,it kinda scared me sometimes.The Rockies are a experience to see.Denver is a huge city with alot of sprawl but I liked it.

Old 07-05-2007, 12:37 PM

Default New Mexico and Arizona

talked to these nice indian ladies selling jewelry along the interstate.Phoenix is a huge city but alot of cookie cutter housing and very hot.Tuscon was a mid sized city but not much there for my style.

Old 07-05-2007, 12:44 PM

Default Arizona

Old 07-05-2007, 12:46 PM

Default Texas,San Antonio,Austin,Houston

I love Texas,thats all I have to say about that.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel