Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2007, 01:02 AM

3 posts, read 9,982 times

Advertisements

Hello!
I need to take a trip to Estes park. Mapquest say it will take 16 hours. Has anyone done this trip straight though? With stops for gas and food, how long should I plan for? Also, I hear there is a 125 mile stretch of road in Utah without gas, food, bathrooms or reception. How will I know when that is coming up so that I can get gas.
I would appreciate any help!!
Devinlee
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2007, 04:00 PM

6,351 posts, read 21,533,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devinlee View Post
Hello!
I need to take a trip to Estes park. Mapquest say it will take 16 hours. Has anyone done this trip straight though? With stops for gas and food, how long should I plan for? Also, I hear there is a 125 mile stretch of road in Utah without gas, food, bathrooms or reception. How will I know when that is coming up so that I can get gas.
I would appreciate any help!!
Devinlee
Devinlee, I don't think I've EVER seen an interstate highway with more than 50 miles or so without SOME kind of oasis. Certainly not on I-15 or I-70 that you'll be taking to Estes Park. Everbody has different tolerances for long distance driving, so it's up to you. Leave well rested and with a full tank of fuel. Stop when you get tired. Even a "quickie" nap in a rest area or truck stop car parking lot will be refreshing. Devin, you will be passing through some AWESOME scenery, so stop every once in a while and make some happy snaps. (It'll feel good to stretch your legs, too!) As others have posted elsewhere, I-15 between L.A. and Las Vegas is a dangerous road; inattentive gamblers to/from Las Vegas make it worth being extra vigilant in that stretch. Have a great trip and give us a full report when you're back!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel