Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2010, 05:26 PM

5,026 posts, read 15,289,798 times

Advertisements

This is the travel forum, why do some have such a hard time understanding that? I don't post on the garden forum because I don't garden. Surely you wouldn't go on Fodor or Trip Advisor forums if you didn't travel. Why can't I mention the fact that I travel on a TRAVEL forum? Makes no sense! I'm simply stating that we travel very frequently and have yet to see scanners in use. No groping either. If you're not a traveler then why post here?

And to the person who mentioned boycotting until the scanners/pat downs are gone, we have flown a ton since they allegedly came into effect but have yet to witness them being used or have a pat down on us done. It's been nothing but metal detectors, and we've been to many airports this month alone. So far, so good!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2010, 05:40 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,198,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
There are enough medical professionals who are putting forth dissenting opinions that it's certainly something to be acutely aware of. Perhaps you don't fly very often.
Read the thread so you don't waste time sounding ignorant, I already pointed out that I fly often for business.

You claimed it was people from government or with a financial interest who claimed the radiation wasn't much, the list I gave shows otherwise.

Quote:
The pat downs aren't happening "just when people set off the metal detector" as the lying TSA is trying to lead the sheeple to believe. They are happening to regular people who don't set it off and have no reason to be profiled (frequent traveler, ticket purchased with a credit card, WASP, not carrying anything unusual) just because some TSA ******* wants to cop a feel.
Shrill paranoid misinformation, thanks.

Old 11-28-2010, 05:40 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,043,904 times
I've seen them in use at PVD, MCO, and another--DCA maybe?

In fact in PVD they were sending both men and women through the same backscatter machine, which is how I know for a damn fact that the TSA are LYING when they say that the images will only be viewed by same gender agents. If that was the case, they'd have different machines and be directing males through one and females through the other.

Old 11-28-2010, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAK802 View Post
Some of us atually fly and see firsthand how things are handled at security checkpoints instead of citing random news sources telling them how it really is.
I've pointed out repeatedly that I fly often for business. Since that is inconvenient for your position of dismissing others' opinions since they don't fly enough you choose to ignore it and continue making false claims, repeating rumor and hype, and drawing illogical conclusions.

You should be embarrassed.

Quote:
You should try it, seeing the world is quite enjoyable.
I'd submit I've seen far more of the world than you have. I do recall you being the one posting how you wouldn't dare be caught staying somewhere besides your nice hotels, sounds like a typical high budget naive traveler on the Frommers set.

Old 11-28-2010, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
Seeing the world is something I strongly desire to do but I ain't flying until TSA quit using these scanners/invasive pat downs. I guess the airlines will have to take a sharp hit until something is done about the out of control TSA.
Oh, but wait! According to MAK802 you don't get an opinion in here and don't matter since you don't fly often like I do and she does.

Perhaps you two should get together and settle whether you're allowed to voice your feelings on this subject, since she says you don't count.

Old 11-28-2010, 05:48 PM

Quote:
I'm simply stating that we travel very frequently and have yet to see scanners in use. No groping either. If you're not a traveler then why post here?
By your own logic shouldn't you leave the topic to those of us who travel frequently and encounter the scanners?

Old 11-28-2010, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
In fact in PVD they were sending both men and women through the same backscatter machine, which is how I know for a damn fact that the TSA are LYING when they say that the images will only be viewed by same gender agents.
Where does the TSA claim this? Are you just making up stuff again or do you have a link?

Old 11-28-2010, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
I've pointed out repeatedly that I fly often for business. Since that is inconvenient for your position of dismissing others' opinions since they don't fly enough you choose to ignore it and continue making false claims, repeating rumor and hype, and drawing illogical conclusions.

You should be embarrassed.

I'd submit I've seen far more of the world than you have. I do recall you being the one posting how you wouldn't dare be caught staying somewhere besides your nice hotels, sounds like a typical high budget naive traveler on the Frommers set.
Um, where did I say we stay at expensive hotels? We get 99% of our hotels on Priceline, I'm a huge fan of that site. We don't choose hotels, just take what we get. I am more than willing to bet we spend on all our trips what most spend on two. Because we used miles for almost all flights this year and found awesome deals to places we never thought we would go, we get to travel a lot. We never plan destinations in advanced because we take what is cheap. In fact, our Turks & Caicos trip on Dec is totally spur of the moment. Airfare is free using miles, and hotel is free using points. That is the only reason we are going.

You should be embarrassed for assuming otherwise. We are the thriftiest travelers I know. And I would hope you've seen more of the world than me. If I recall, you're like 30 yes older. I'm not doing badly for someone in their 20s!

Old 11-28-2010, 06:00 PM

Quote:
I'm simply stating that we travel very frequently and have yet to see scanners in use. No groping either.
Ah but in previous posts you have mentioned your husband encountering the scanners.

Here, about whether they change gloves for the pat-down:
Quote:
My husband said they did every time with him and he flies weekly. But, some claim they don't. They are supposed to so you can always ask if they didn't change.
Here, about the plight of the musri:
Quote:
If they tell you to get into the scanner and you say no, you will have a patdown. However, in most airports, not every lane is equipped with scanners so you only go through the typical metal detector. But, if you are suspicious looking (read:from the Middle East, as my Egyptian husband is finding out), you will be pulled aside and patted down anyway. Regardless of which line we are in, my husband gets told to go to the scanner line 100% of the time and he refuses every single time.
Here, with detailed instructions about which direction to go avoid the one at your airport:
Quote:
My home airport only has one scanner. If you go left, you should be able to avoid it. Never works for my husband. They always, every single time, make him go through the machine. He gets pulled out of line. He opts out and gets patted down instead.
Here, again about husband refusing the scan:
Quote:
My husband refused the full body scan on Monday.

So.... congratulations on never seeing the scanners in use.

I guess we'll file that with your claim that husband has a connection of less that 30 minutes every week, at least you caught yourself and changed your story that time.

Old 11-28-2010, 06:05 PM

And you forgot to quote where we flew through SAN on Thanksgiving, where my husband always got stopped and I mentioned that they removed the scanner completely, it wasn't there when we flew. Since I don't go on business trips together,"we" haven't encountered scanners. He has before all this nonsense but they are no longer there.

Still waiting to hear about these awesome hotels we allegedly stay at! Priceline is great, but Fairmonts aren't common!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel