Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2011, 10:42 AM

9,546 posts, read 7,083,780 times

Advertisements

Going to DW mid-January on a big family trip. We will have 2 days for theme parks.

DH and I have been to WDW many times; our kids have been to MK several times.

The kids are now 8 (boy) and 4 (girl).

The MK is a must...never get tired of that and when we went last year it was too crowded to do much.

Trying to decide the following:

--Should our 2nd park be EPCOT or Sea World? DH and I love EPCOT but are not sure how the kids would like it. Never been to Sea World. (I personally love Hollywood Studios but when we took our then 5 year old it seemed not a lot for him....and we personally aren't in love with AK).

--Should we do MK on a Friday or MK on a Sunday? The other park (which ever it is) would be on the other day. (Leaning toward saving MK for 2nd since it is our favorite).

Staying off-property.

THANKS in advance for input and advice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2011, 10:47 AM

2,050 posts, read 5,950,670 times
I loved Sea World and it was a nice break from the "house of mouse". There are only a couple of rides, but the shows and the aquariums are fabulous. There seems to be a little less walking to do, might be good for your children.

I also love Epcot and Animal Kingdom. The important thing (IMO) is to get there when the parks open and plan your strategy for seeing shows, covering the exhibits, taking time to eat etc.

Hope you have nice weather!

Old 01-02-2011, 11:05 AM

4,196 posts, read 6,430,760 times
Sea World for the Kids without a Doubt, Fridays would most likely be your less busy day for MK.

Old 01-02-2011, 04:21 PM

16,683 posts, read 17,455,385 times
EPCOT is probably my favourite Disney park, but especially with the World Showcase, it makes for a long slog on foot.

However Sea World is my overall favourite, and given that we all enjoy seeing sealife and that last time we went we took a friend's son who wants to be a marine biologist that makes it easy for us.

The two teenagers went on a Beluga Whale experience- probably a bit too old for your children, calgirl, but great for them. (Just checked- you have to be 13).

There are rides for younger (and older ones) and I wonder if the junior sized Shamu Express might be right for your children.

Old 01-02-2011, 04:34 PM

3,440 posts, read 6,555,307 times
I vote for the Sea World for the younger kids. Those famous polar bears I believe are still there. Klondike and Snow.

Old 01-02-2011, 04:46 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,092,700 times
as a former orlando resident,i suggest mk on sunday and sea world for the kids --nice area for the younger ones-----btw you are one hr.and 30 minutes from busch gardens great for the whole family(terrific animal exhibits)--for dining off disney--i suggest international drive--lots to choose--home of the largest mickey dee's in the US(SAND LAKE ROAD)----INTERSECTS WITH INTERNATIONAL DRIVE----for great spaghetti--drive thru too--try fazzoli's

Old 01-05-2011, 11:16 AM

2,994 posts, read 3,767,094 times
Hi! I'm a Disney fans
I have see alkl Disney amusement parks in the world

About Orlando...if you have a young children, I can suggest you, Animal Kingdom and, yes, Seaworld is very good! I have seen to Seaworld in San Antonio but I think that its' the same in the other 3 cities!

In different case, you can take in consideration Magic Kindgdom also

I envy you..I love Disneyland!!!!

Old 01-05-2011, 12:21 PM

3,849 posts, read 9,430,135 times
Sea World is OK, but be prepared to drop at least $500...

I went last week (the San Diego one) and it was $69 just to get in the door. For JUST me. Highway robbery, I tell ya! It was still fun

Old 01-06-2011, 07:43 PM

5,404 posts, read 16,008,160 times
Try MGM....that's a load of fun!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel