Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 12:21 PM

188 posts, read 970,758 times

Advertisements

We are staying at a small motel..ok maybe not that small..has 70 rooms ..it is a chain motel..not going to mention the name. Here is my question/complaint. Including us, there may be 3 other rooms that have occupants. Why did you put us all together? Example..we are in room 231..there are people in 229 and 233. This is an older motel...so the walls are thin. For the past 2 nights we have heard the people next door arguing..talking loud..and I think getting funky ( Use your imagination...I thought the guy was dying..but I guess not). This starts around 11 pm and goes on until 6 am. I really hate to complain to management, because I think the guy works here on second shift as the desk clerk. Maybe works in exchange for his room. Who knows?? My suggestions is...if you are not fully booked..then space the guests out. We are here on business and my husband has to get up at 6am and go to work. We have 4 more nights of this...and sleeping pills aren't helping. In the past 2 nights we have slept maybe 3 hours...and we are getting cranky. Hubbys company is paying for the room..so it's not like we can just up and leave and check in somewhere else. I know the next time we are here ( if they make us stay here again) we will request a room away from other people ( if available). Thanks for letting me rant and rave..I am going to start making some noise and banging the walls
( I think they are asleep..they won't be for long ) If I can't sleep at night..then they ain't sleeping during the day!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2011, 12:47 PM

4,918 posts, read 22,603,686 times
As far as hotel motel is concerned the problem does not exist. It only exist if you open your mouth and say something. Hotel staff are not mind readers so how are they to know you have a problem unless you mention it to them? Geeez.

Old 01-11-2011, 01:04 PM

3,481 posts, read 9,375,566 times
I agree w/Pacific Flights. Politely inform the front desk. Chances are they will move you.

Old 01-11-2011, 01:33 PM

9,317 posts, read 20,901,735 times
Pacific Flight is correct, if you dont tell them how would they know if there is a problem.. They group them all together to make easyer to service the room (Also save $'s on heat & hot water) by using room next to each other . So what is the desk clerk is working this as a second job, Not like he should be sleepin at desk. If you had called/told them the 1st night they would have moved you to a different room.

Old 01-11-2011, 01:53 PM

21 posts, read 169,627 times
I work at a hotel (different than a motel) so I am familiar with these situations, but we would definitely be able to move you- no questions asked...It would not a big deal to have them switch you rooms.

Also, when someone checks in and you assign them a room, the only rooms that show up are the ones that are "vacant/clean", so its not like they purposely put all the occupants together. Maybe those were the only rooms that housekeeping had clean so far.

Old 01-11-2011, 02:23 PM

188 posts, read 970,758 times
Thanks to all for their responses. The reason I didn't complain is..if it is the guy who does work here..I don't want to get him in trouble. We won't ask to switch rooms, because the company is paying for this room and they use this place quite a bit..so don't want to start any hassle with them. Didn't know that it would save on heat and water by grouping the rooms togther ( sorry..didn't mean to offend anyone). If it happens tonight..then we will knock on wall and let them know we are in next room. I always try to be careful when I stay somewhere by having TV turned down so low that I can't hear it..and being careful not to slam doors and such. Really didn't mean to offend anyone by asking why rooms are grouped together..my apologies.

Old 01-11-2011, 02:28 PM

9,317 posts, read 20,901,735 times
When you get back there tonight ask to be moved then, Why wait till 11pm? Desk clerk will not get into trouble for moving you. The motel is more likely to lose the biz that your DH company sends to it if get bad reviews and/or comments from the people it send there. Does not mater who is paying from the room, They should move you.

Old 01-11-2011, 02:31 PM

5,142 posts, read 13,063,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bam531 View Post
We won't ask to switch rooms, because the company is paying for this room and they use this place quite a bit..so don't want to start any hassle with them.
There shouldn't be an issue with requesting another room regardless of who is paying for the room. As long as you politely ask, no problem. Better yet, if the company is a frequent customer, they would be more than happy to cater to your request. Return customers are always nice.

Old 01-11-2011, 02:33 PM

14,985 posts, read 23,758,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bam531 View Post
I don't want to get him in trouble. We won't ask to switch rooms, because the company is paying for this room and they use this place quite a bit..so don't want to start any hassle with them. .
All the more reason for the hotel to be more receptive to your complaints. Rather than a discouraging factor, that should be a plus in your favor if and when you complain. Do you think they want to lose your companies business? You and your company are likely the hotels bread and butter.

Old 01-11-2011, 05:22 PM

3,602 posts, read 9,013,592 times
You and your husband deserve to get a good nights sleep, you are paying customers. Just politely ask to be moved and you will surely be accommodated. If the person causing the disturbance is indeed the desk clerk he should know better than to be inconveniencing a guest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel