Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 09:19 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,560,740 times

Advertisements

Can anybody recommend one of the following Walt Disney World Resort to stay at? Which one is the nicest? They are all the "value" resorts. Thanks!

Disney's Pop Century Resort
Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
Disney's All-Star Music Resort
Disney's All-Star Sports Resort
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2007, 01:38 PM

207 posts, read 746,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb68-19 View Post
Can anybody recommend one of the following Walt Disney World Resort to stay at? Which one is the nicest? They are all the "value" resorts. Thanks!

We went to Disney back in late April and stay at the Disney's Dolphin and Swan resort for a week; I personally don't think the hotel should have 4.5 star rating.
Next time I will choose a Non-Disney hotel to stay at, this way I will not feel like I’m trap and being rob every time I want to eat and drink (the same crappy cafeteria food morning, lunch and dinner, everyday)

Old 07-23-2007, 03:30 PM

4,640 posts, read 11,867,325 times
My vote is for pop century. Newer. Fountain areas for kids and indoor bar/lounge and I don't think the other values have that.

How many are in your family? We are now a traveling family of 5 and stay at Fort Wilderness cabins. We love it. Loads of privacy and having the kitchenette saved us tons of money. Not to mention its a campground so we feel like we have a break from the Disney madness while still staying on property. Good luck with planning the trip.

Old 07-24-2007, 05:12 PM

675 posts, read 2,676,400 times
I've heard that the Pop Century is the least noisy and crowded of the value resorts.

Old 07-24-2007, 08:00 PM

1,498 posts, read 3,452,279 times
Default All star in disney

my wife and I stayed at the all star music hotel in disney 2 years ago. Only reason being - it was cheap. The room was clean , nothing fancy and we only spent 3 nights there. The problem we had , litterally thousands of brazilian kids on a trip to america, and where do they stay ? yup cheap disney hotels, lol they had us up until 4 am every night running amuck and carrying on all night. I would stay outside disney for sure

Old 07-28-2007, 08:49 AM

325 posts, read 1,073,401 times
Quote:

I havent been to Disney in about 5 years since I was working there but all of the value resorts are the same. The Pop Century is the newest so I would imagine it will be the nicest. They are like motel rooms. I stayed in the Sports once and it was ok. If you are set on a value I would pick pop century, but in all seriousness for just a little more money you could stay a moderate resort and they are MUCH nicer. Port Orleans Riverside or Coronado Springs for example. Plus those resorts are closer to the parks than the value resorts.

Old 07-29-2007, 12:25 AM

895 posts, read 4,236,861 times
Quote:

I didn't like All-Star Sports too much. We've stayed at Pop Century four times and like it but you have to make sure you get a room away from the pool because it can get noisy during the day and early evening (if you want to take a nap or get to bed early). The pool is nice and they have a cute kiddie pool along with a fountain that the shoots water up the kids can play in. They also have a playground. The cafeteria is pretty good, too. My husband enjoys the poolside bar. My kids like the huge Mr. Potato Head.

Old 08-13-2007, 01:32 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,560,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by princesspolamalu View Post
I havent been to Disney in about 5 years since I was working there but all of the value resorts are the same. The Pop Century is the newest so I would imagine it will be the nicest. They are like motel rooms. I stayed in the Sports once and it was ok. If you are set on a value I would pick pop century, but in all seriousness for just a little more money you could stay a moderate resort and they are MUCH nicer. Port Orleans Riverside or Coronado Springs for example. Plus those resorts are closer to the parks than the value resorts.
Thanks to everyone for your responses, we ended up choosing the port orleans riverside, thanks again princesspolamalu!

Old 08-13-2007, 02:09 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,677,064 times
One other thing to consider regarding the "value" resorts at DW. The buses do not come as often as they do in the Port Orleans and Coronado. We also love the cabins at the wilderness lodge.

Old 08-14-2007, 05:38 PM

675 posts, read 2,676,400 times
mjb, we are staying at the Port Orleans Riverside next week! I debated between that and the Pop Century. Port Orleans won out. Hope you have a grreat time!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel