Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2011, 01:18 PM

249 posts, read 440,676 times

Advertisements

I am going on a cruise that will arrive in Rome (Italy).

I will stay 2 nights there, I would like to be in the center to get most of the city without losing time in transports. I want an inexpensive (no need for luxury) but clean room, maybe a B&B, not in a noisy place.

I will go to some sites of course, but would anyone have a recommendation? That would help a lot.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2011, 02:22 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Have you considered a convent? I have a great book called Bed and Blessings.
I stayed at:
Nostra Singora di Lourdes
Via Sistina 113

It's at the top of the Spanish Steps.

Great location, reasonable price included breakfast.
Safe, no one messes with nuns.
I believe there's a 10 or 11 pm curfew.

____
There's another thread that gives some other convent information.
Enjoy!

Last edited by chielgirl; 03-20-2011 at 02:49 PM..

Old 03-20-2011, 02:29 PM

thanks a lot .... not yet, but I will. I will check on this one, I would need to be very close to the Termini, since I will arrive there... and will leave from there to Paris, although I know that's not (as in every town in the world) the best area.

I will carry heavy luggage... more when I leave, I am planning on buying some books, chianti, shoes

Old 03-20-2011, 02:48 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allwyna View Post
thanks a lot .... not yet, but I will. I will check on this one, I would need to be very close to the Termini, since I will arrive there... and will leave from there to Paris, although I know that's not (as in every town in the world) the best area.

I will carry heavy luggage... more when I leave, I am planning on buying some books, chianti, shoes
I stayed at a decent hotel last year not too far from the termini.
Notti A Roma, right near Repubblica Metro, not far from Termini.
Booking.com: hotel Notti A Roma, Rome, Italy - 303 Guest reviews. Book your hotel now!

I thought it was a great location.

Old 03-23-2011, 06:01 AM

5 posts, read 18,785 times
Hello,
If you are finding it too tiring to browse through the websites of loads of hotels in Rome and comparing their prices, visit Otel.com. Here you'll find tons of information regarding the amenities and rates of thousands of cheap hotels in Rome.

Thanks
Carter Collins
guletbluecruise.com

Old 03-23-2011, 08:21 AM

1,338 posts, read 2,565,813 times
Nothing wrong with Termini area... I'm currently staying at the St Regis 3 mins walk away from there.....

Old 03-23-2011, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swisswife View Post
Nothing wrong with Termini area... I'm currently staying at the St Regis 3 mins walk away from there.....
Wow.... not surprising! We are not talking about the same class (5*), same prices (depending on the sites, 440 euros/night and up, I said "inexpensive" ), nor really 3 minutes (with heavy luggage, even with 4 wheels) from Termini, it is farther from Republica. And in fact, it is fully booked.

After a long search (most hotels are fully booked - or so they say, since cancellation is free, so I imagine many clients book at several places), I finally booked from booking.com a room at the Domus Praetoria, for 90 euros a night, breakfast included, AC, which seems quiet and has a good rating on every site (Tripadvisor, Venere etc...).

Thanks for your help, you gave me many ideas.... I still can continue... since cancellation is free .

Old 03-23-2011, 11:13 AM

5,026 posts, read 15,289,798 times
Rent an apartment, far more common in Italy than hotels. We did just that and loved the location. Check out Sleep in Italy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel