Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 08:12 PM

4,275 posts, read 7,629,899 times

Advertisements

I love expeiencing new people, food, culture, nightlife, society, nature, etc. It's an escape from reality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2011, 01:26 PM

8,176 posts, read 18,536,066 times
I think I was born to travel....I just can't do it as much as I want to.

I was camping at 3 months old, could put up a tent at 5(with help) with no help by 7.
My parents didn't have a lot of money but they would make sure we went camping somewhere different every summer.
This can be a drawback with children so young...we went to "My Old Kentucky Home"...not realizing it was Steven Foster;s home and I was so confused because we were from Illinois, not Kentucky
Also....Omaha Nebraska doesn't have a Wild Kingdom (Mutual of Omaha's)

I never flew until my early 20's...life became an open book then....but truthfully? If I could, I'd drive.

I enjoy cruises....but would never make them my only way to travel. Life is too short to do the same thing all the time.

Right now I'm planning a motorcycle trip from Orlando to DC via the Blue Ridge Parkway using no interstates. This is going to be so cool.

My dream trip is to drive north south east and west stopping at all the little funky attractions like the world's largest ball of string.

Old 03-23-2011, 04:18 AM

3 posts, read 8,089 times
Hello,
Given below are some of the reasons why people generally choose to travel.
1. The Weather
2. The Beaches
3. The Nightlife
4. Nautical Attractions
5. Family Fun

Thanks
Moore Martinez

Gay-cruising.org

Old 03-23-2011, 05:31 AM

3,440 posts, read 6,546,706 times
Many here have traveled more extensively than I but when I can I love to. I like to visit places that have come alive to me in my reading. I know I would never have visited Savannah, and the Golden Isles of Georgia had I not read Eugenia Price's great, and well researched historical novels of the Civil War era. She based her characters on actual families and people. I was alble to visit the graveyard of one of her major families on St. Simon Island.

The next thing on my "Bucket List" is to visit Yellowstone National Park.

Old 03-24-2011, 07:04 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,625,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moore Martinez View Post
Hello,
Given below are some of the reasons why people generally choose to travel.
1. The Weather
2. The Beaches
3. The Nightlife
4. Nautical Attractions
5. Family Fun

Thanks
Moore Martinez

Gay-cruising.org
I think you are right, many people seem to indeed seek all of the above. I'm afraid to me those are not really important though.

1. The Weather - I really don't care, as long as it's not raining buckets all the time I don't really have a problem with grey skies and yes even rain. I prefer cold or cool climates generally speaking

2. The Beaches As long as they are deserted and devoid of resorts and other over-development yes beaches are fantastic, too many beautiful places have been spoilt by those aforementioned things though

3. The Nightlife I like nice local bars and restaurants and if in cities live theatre, Jazz, Opera etc.... clubs do absolutely nothing for me and didn't even when I was in my twenties

4. Nautical Attractions Once again if the area is very low key and deserted, fantastic, otherwise queuing for some water-skiing lessons or having the share a reef with hundreds of tourists is not my idea of fun. I adore the Oceans and water sports but not in resorts

5. Family Fun I am fortunate ( for me) not to have kids so having Hubby all to myself is all I need. Family orientated places can often be a nightmare of fake, artificial stuff, I like places where local families hang out, much nicer than meeting the same type of people you work with all year whilst in a family resort

Old 03-24-2011, 12:24 PM

17 posts, read 36,183 times
I like to travel because I want to see the world, plain and simple.
Staying in one place forever is no fun for me.

Old 03-24-2011, 12:26 PM

2,919 posts, read 5,805,531 times
Someone said it best at my old job......She said that traveling was 'theraputic' to her......."Truer" words have never been spoken.

Old 03-24-2011, 02:27 PM

2,179 posts, read 3,403,895 times
A new perspective.. can save time, cost of therapy, etc.

Old 03-24-2011, 05:06 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,926,132 times
I do it so i can pick up women at the bar by showing them visas and stamps in my passport.

Old 03-24-2011, 09:33 PM

347 posts, read 695,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raubre View Post
I love expeiencing new people, food, culture, nightlife, society, nature, etc. It's an escape from reality.

In a nutshell
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel