U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 01:02 PM

2,994 posts, read 3,536,651 times

Advertisements

Italy is very great!

For example... Rome, Milan, Venice, Florence, Sardinia Island....

Last edited by minniemouse; 07-27-2007 at 01:17 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2007, 01:14 PM

99 posts, read 260,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firebll31 View Post
Are you more the night-club party type, the spend all day at the beach type or the adventure exploration type? Or a combination of all 3?
all 3 really, but more of a beach couple

Old 07-31-2007, 09:52 PM

2,866 posts, read 8,600,859 times
Another Place you can consider, Priced both today for clients. All 3 I am talking about all-inclusives

#1 Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic, you can get that with air for under $3000 mark.
#2 Puerta Vallerta, Mexico, Romantic, lots to see

#3 Cancun Mexico

Diane in Music City

Old 08-01-2007, 07:46 PM

1,238 posts, read 4,101,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
I second the motion for Costa Rica! You can get there by direct flight from Charlotte in 4 hours, it is very affordable and the people there like Americans. And even though it is a Spanish-speaking country, the vast majority of folks know some English too so you can communicate easily. One surprise for me was that Costa Rica has many cattle ranches. The steaks and other cuts of beef we had there were to die for, so tender and fresh. We never had a bad meal. If you are the adventurous types you can actually even stay within a mile of the Arenal Volcano and listen to it rumble off and on all day And be sure you do one of the jungle zip lines - woo hoo!
Another vote for Costa Rica-we stayed on the Pacific side at an all-Inclusive.Beautiful black sand beaches, wild dolphins, howler monkeys, and so many excursions if you wish. We took a day trip to Tabacon Lodge and spent the day in the hot springs and the evening watching the lava bounce down the volcano. We had the concierge hire us a private guide to take us on a hike in the forest. We snorkeled(at that latitude the Pacific is just as warm as the Caribbean)We took a boat ride down a river with crocodiles, and visited a town that makes pottery. We enjoyed it so much we are going back next year(hubby's choice for 40th birthday)

Another good choice would be the island of Ambergris Caye, Belize. Awesome snorkeling, food, golf carts are the way to see the island, Mayan ruins, beach barbecues, or just hanging out on the beach. Look it up on the Internet! One Barrel Rum rules!

Old 07-26-2008, 05:30 AM

2 posts, read 2,778 times
Default Eloping to Atlantis

Hi,

We are planning a trip to atlantis in September and thinking of eloping when we are there. It is just the two of us. can you give me any information regarding cost, and planning? How did you do it? Any suggestions would be great!!! Thanks!

Stefanie

quote=Nina-in-Ashland;1138939]I hear Costa Rica is amazing, but the Bahamas was great, too. My husband and I eloped there - we stayed at Atlantis, which was truly amazing (very friendly service and outstanding food), and we were married on a private beach in Nassau at sunset.

I think US Airways flies direct to Nassau from CLT Int'l and then you take a bus (air-conditioned ) to Paradise Island/Atlantis. We were married in October, so most of the kiddies were back in school and we had the waterslides to ourselves, hehe![/quote]

Old 07-26-2008, 05:31 AM

2 posts, read 2,778 times
Hi, We are thinking of eloping to the atlantis in September. We already have a trip planned there, but any information you have on costs and planning would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks,
Stefane
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel